1. Pretty is not everything.
It’s true that being pretty can get you somewhere, but being brilliant gets you anywhere you want.
2. You don’t need a guy’s approval to feel beautiful.
Beauty is relative to different individuals, and no one really knows what it means. If you feel you’re beautiful, you are beautiful.
3. It’s okay to feel like the world is against you once in awhile.
It’s a cruel world we’re living in and no one got it together all the time anyway. If you know someone who looks like he/she is happy and got it together all the time, that’s not healthy – and probably full of crap. Sometimes things don’t go our way. It’s okay to break down.
4. Don’t settle for anything less than goosebumps and butterflies.
If you put up with it, most likely you will end up with it. You owe it to yourself to get the best you possibly can.
5. Don’t downgrade your standard and be desperate for someone to be with you.
No matter how much you want it at the time, it’s not worth it. Trust me, you’ll regret it.
6. You don’t owe anyone any explanation for the decision you make.
Unless the decision involves someone else, then yes, explanation is the least you can give to the other person.
7. The fact that you don’t own a luxury condo by the time you graduate from college doesn’t make you a failure.
8. Be conscious and sensitive enough to learn from your mistakes.
Every mistake you make is a potential for growth, it has the power to turn you into something better than you were before.
9. Someday someone is going to look at you like you’re perfect, like you’re everything they’ve been looking for their entire lives, and he’s going to show you what real love is.
Maybe that someday is still far from now, but wait and have faith. When the time comes, it will be worth everything in this world.
10. When your dad screams and yells at you about something that’s clearly not your fault, it’s not your fault.
He’s either panic or he had a bad day at work and need someone to blame. Don’t take it personally.
11. When your mom sent you to a psychologist, it doesn’t mean you’re crazy.
You’re different and special. You are your own self, and she needs help to help you embrace that.
12. Someone’s Instagram pictures don’t reflect their lives.
It’s just a cover up of what they want the world to see. Everything is not what it seems.
13. 95 lbs is not fat.
Anyone who told you the opposite is obviously jealous.
14. 5’1” is forever the ‘it’.
There are a lot of Hollywood Goddesses who are petite, yet the world is obsessed with them. Audrey Hepburn, Nicole Richie, The Olsen Twins, Vanessa Hudgens, Lady Gaga, Hilary Duff, Reese Witherspoon, Kristen Bell, Lucy Hale, Eva Longoria, should I go on?
15. Don’t pay attention to what people think about you.
They’re not worth your time and it’s none of your business anyway. Just laugh about it and move on. Focus on yourself and your dreams. Don’t prove them wrong.
16. People change their minds, break their promises, and hurt other people’s feelings.
I’m not saying that it’s okay. It’s screwed up, but none of it is your fault. Life goes on and doesn’t stop for anyone, all you have to do is live your life until it doesn’t hurt anymore. I’ve learned that time heals almost everything.