50 Newbie Dating Rules For Anyone Putting Themselves Out There For The First Time

Here are a few modern dating rules from Ask Reddit.

12. Don’t look too much into things – stay busy and don’t be super focused on just dating. Try to have a life besides “getting out there.”

13. On a real note, relationships aren’t always going to be a 50/50 for putting in effort. Sometimes your SO will be having a bad day and can only put in 20% of the effort, and you will have to pick up the other 80%, and vice versa. There are struggles in relationships that come from outside the 2 of you, and you just have to acknowledge it, and work together to get through that rough patch.

14. Don’t talk about exes or previous dates.

About the author
Thought Catalog is the online destination for culture, a place for content without the clutter. Coverage spans the ... Read more articles from Thought Catalog on Thought Catalog.

Learn more about Thought Catalog and our writers on our about page.

Related