13. You do things for each other for the simple joy of making them happy.
“When all the new wears off, you don’t have butterflies every time they call or text or you know you’re going to see them, you’re not getting all giddy about “firsts” in your relationship, you’re no longer both on your best behavior, you can see their faults and let them see yours, you’ve survived a few disagreements, you’re not boning every time you catch some alone time, the sex isn’t mind-blowing every single time. And after all that, they’re still your favorite person. They still think the sun shines out your ass. You do things for each other for the simple joy of making them happy. The absence of the rose-colored glasses of new lust hasn’t been replaced with resentment, it has evolved into comfort, stability, and security with that person.”
14. Their happiness is your happiness.
“Their happiness is your happiness.”
15. When being around them makes you feel safe, warm, and at home.
“When you want to know everything about their past, good and bad, want to know who and why they are, you ask how their day was and are genuinely interested when they tell you about it. When being around them makes you feel safe, warm, and at home.”
16. Love is when you would never tell a lie and hurt them.
“Would you ever:
• Give the person up
• Let the person down
• Run around and desert the person
• Make the person cry
• Say goodbye to the person
• Tell a lie and hurt the person
• If not, then you’re probably no stranger to love.”