12. We get laughed at if we get raped.
“People laughing at you if you get raped.”
13. We are not supposed to show any emotions.
“We are not supposed to show any emotions.”
14. We’re expected to save the day or die trying.
“Always expecting a man to save the day or just die saving the day.”
15. We are presumed guilty in the court of public opinion.
“I understand why, but in the court of public opinion, you are guilty until proven innocent, and even then, your name is never completely cleared. It’s amazing how many times I’ve gotten glares from moms for doing responsible adult stuff. If I see a child who looks lost, I go up and ask them if they know where their parents are.”
16. We can’t take paternity leave.
“I want to take time off of work to be with my newborn. Taking two weeks off, but the perception I feel is that it is a crazy amount of time since I am one of the men in the department. I want to be there for my wife and new son.”
17. We don’t get many compliments.
“Not too many compliments. A guy needs a compliment from time to time.”