1. Prince Was A Secret Addict
Prince had a number of opioids in his possession at the time of his death including hydrocodone. He also had a number of other sedatives such as Percocet, however, he died of a fentanyl overdose, a drug 100 times more potent than morphine. According to reports, he’d suffered from hip pain for possibly decades as a result of his robust live performances. These painkillers helped him cope with the pain and still perform but they also highly addictive.
Prince Rogers Nelson investigation results attached pic.twitter.com/CMt6lQSGxJ
— Midwest Medical Exam (@MidwestMedExam) June 2, 2016
Given the potency of all the drugs he had and that, prior to his death, he had recently been treated for a Percocet overdose, it’s fair to say that Prince had become an addict.
Prince consistently kept his personal life out of the spotlight and his circle of friends was very small so, just like his numerous charitable works, it’s no surprise that almost no one seems to know about his addiction.