Tony Hayward finally got his wish, he got his life back. The former CEO of BP announced his resignation yesterday. To honor the occasion, here’s a look back at some of his most memorable quotes…
June 1, 2010
There’s no one who wants this thing over more than I do, I’d like my life back.
May 30, 2010
The oil is on the surface, there aren’t any plumes.
May 18, 2010
I think the environmental impact of this disaster is likely to have been very, very modest.
May 14, 2010
The Gulf of Mexico is a very big ocean. The amount of volume of oil and dispersant we are putting into it is tiny in relation to the total water volume.
January 13, 2007
…[L]eaders must make the safety of all who work for them their top priority. My enduring priorities are, firstly, continued improvement in the safety of our operations all around the world.
July 16 2010
Responses to questions from the House Energy and Commerce Committee:
- I haven’t drawn a conclusion… it’s too early to reach conclusions.
- I had no prior knowledge.
- I’m not a cement engineer, I’m afraid.
- I wasn’t part of the decision-making process…
- I wasn’t involved in any of the decision making…
- I simply was not involved in the decision-making process.
- I was not part of that decision-making process…
April 29, 2010
To fellow executives: “What the hell did we do to deserve this?”
May 18, 2010
In response to the question Can you sleep at night?: “Yeah, of course I am.”
June 4, 2010
On his negative press : “I’m a Brit, I can take it.”
May 31, 2010
I don’t feel my job is on the line, but of course that might change.