College is undoubtedly one of the most exciting times in a person’s life, but there comes a time when we’re just #over it. Here are some signs that you are undeniably done with college life.
1. You quickly use up the number of absences permitted for each class. You’re also an expert on which excuses you can use on your professors.
2. Your assignments are late. Even if you started that project on time, you still manage to turn it in past the deadline, or literally seconds before.
3. Your goal is to graduate college, regardless of the grades. No one ever said you’re required to put your GPA on a resume, right?
4. You don’t hang out on campus for the fun of it anymore. You’ve outgrown the playground.
5. You see the freshmen on campus and get sentimental and nostalgic without wanting to trade places with them.
6. When you do go out, you go to the bar. House parties are a thing of the past. You don’t have the energy for underage drinkers, cheap beer and keg stands (just kidding, who doesn’t love keg stands?)
7. You don’t hate the idea of going to bed at a reasonable hour. Staying up as late as you want used to be cool, now it’s just exhausting.
8. Campus food is gross to you. How did you eat this crap for so long?
9. Your social media is less active. There are far fewer pictures littering your profile page, and gone are the days of status updates encrypted with inside jokes from that wild night out. It’s more like a barren wasteland.
10. It takes you less than an hour to get ready to go out. You’ve been through your wardrobe enough times to know what works and what doesn’t.
11. You see people on campus you liked/hooked up with and cringe. What were you thinking?
12. You no longer feel the need to buy beer that has “Ice” or “Light” in the name. It’s about quality over quantity.
13. You struggle to understand why you’re enrolled in certain classes. Once you’ve picked your major and have almost completed your degree, the general education classes are about as fun and useful as breaking your own kneecap.
14. The number of friends you have has decreased. Your social circle is small but solid.
15. Your line of sight into the future involves more than which classes you’re going to take next semester. You start thinking about resumes, future job prospects, and how to talk to your parents about moving back home. Life is suddenly all too real. You’re ready to move on to the big, scary stuff. That’s why the journal entries and the reading quizzes feel so juvenile. Congrats, you’re ready to #move on.