We all get that feeling, the very prominent self-doubt. It comes and goes but usually raises the same questions: Is this what I want to do with the rest of my life? Is this it for me? And the most common question we all ask ourselves, what the hell am I doing?
I have asked myself these questions more than once…okay, maybe once a day. So with that being said I have come up with clues to see if you hate your job:
1. You only get excited at lunch and at 5:00 p.m.
If the only highlight of your day is either leaving your desk for an hour to eat, or going home at the end of the day, I don’t think you are enjoying your job too much.
2. You dream about your place of work catching on fire, and it’s not a nightmare.
I think this is pretty self-explanatory. You would rather have your office go up in flames rather than put in your 8 your day… unless you’re a pyro.
3. When someone asks how your day was you just look at them.
If you don’t even want to talk about how your day was, that is a bad sign. You hate your job so much you can’t even make words come out of your mouth. *face palm*
4. You are way too excited when something happens and you get to go home early.
Best case in point – if one of your family members dies, and you get time off work to go to the funeral.
5. You pray the power goes out during a thunderstorm (or if it’s just raining).
Okay, I think everyone has done this during a thunderstorm at work. But a person who hates their job wishes the power will go out during a light rain shower.
Now with all of these points brought to light. You can decide if you hate your job or not. If you have thought about any of these, I think you should start looking for something else.