You think with the hit series of Shopaholic, a woman like Sophie Kinsella is all blondie with lesser inclination towards love, life and philosophy? Do you think a woman who talks Gucci, Prada and Dolce Gabbana has got no grey cells that will talk sense? Think again!
Kinsella has the knack to twist and turn the words with flourish so much so that it entertains us even on the 70mm then she certainly is a woman with adeptness and proficiency which is rarely seen in women who are more fashion-oriented.
I’d rather say that it outdoes all the norms and presumptions we adhere to about women with fashion sense. It was Shopaholic that brought not only the teenagers but also Indian housewives closer to fashion. It made us shopaholic in real sense!
Appreciating the dexterity of the lady, here are 10 inspirational quotes from Sophie Kinsella.
1. “Sometimes you don’t need a goal in life, you don’t need to know the big picture. You just need to know what you’re going to do next!” ― The Undomestic Goddess
A woman who is career oriented goes berserk when she realizes that her career is about to end. It is then that she begins a new life. An utterly though provoking quote from the novel.
2. “It’s not enough to believe! Don’t you see that, you stupid girl? You could spend your whole life hoping and believing! If a love affair is one-sided, then it’s only ever a question, never an answer. You can’t live your life waiting for an answer.” ― Twenties Girl
Totally agree with Kinsella on this one. Move on, girl. Get a grip. Life is beautiful. Go explore it for yourself!
3. “Life is like an escalator. You see, it carries you on regardless. And you might as well enjoy the view and seize every opportunity while you’re passing. Otherwise, it’ll be too late.” ― Twenties Girl
Yet another soul stirring, inspiring, completely invigorating quote on LIFE from Kinsella.
4. “If I’ve learned one lesson from all that’s happened to me, it’s that there is no such thing as the biggest mistake of your existence. There’s no such thing as ruining your life. Life’s a pretty resilient thing, it turns out.” – The Undomestic Goddess
Nothing’s ever right and nothing’s ever wrong. Each move that we make, each step that we take will have consequences, alright. But those consequences will leave behind a message, a lesson which shall leave a great impact on our lives.
5. “In the end, you have to choose whether or not to trust someone.” ― Shopaholic & Baby
Much like how a baby innocently holds on to you, trusts you enough, although you might be just another person to her.
6. “Relationships are all about trust and equality. If one person shares, then the other person should share, too.” ― Can You Keep a Secret?
It is the ultimate mantra to hold on to relationships. If you value your relationships you shall agree with it.
7. “Never give up on something you really want. However impossible things seem, there’s always a way.” ― Mini Shopaholic
Love what you do and do what you love. Don’t just give up on it and scoot. Life is about living, don’t chicken out. And do not settle for less!
8. “There’s no luck in business. There’s only drive, determination, and more drive.” ― Shopaholic Takes Manhattan
That’s just what I meant when I said, don’t settle for less. Low aim is a crime. Chase your dreams, no matter what age you are!
9. “But sometimes you have to be brave. Sometimes you have to show people what’s important in life.” ― I’ve Got Your Number
Brave the odds. Struggle. Got fight for what is rightfully yours. Tell’em, you are here to stay!
10. “Shopping is actually very similar to farming a field. You can’t keep buying the same thing, you have to have a bit of variety. Otherwise you get bored and stop enjoying yourself.” ― Confessions of a Shopaholic
Kudos to this fashion Goddess!