There are many great hours throughout the day. There are the hours in which we sleep. There are the hours in which we eat. There are the hours in which we drink. Sometimes if you’re lucky enough you can combine these last two hours.
We call this happy hour.
Happy hour (in my honest and mostly correct opinion) is the greatest of hours. Happy hour brings together good friends, good food, and cheap drinks. Honestly, what more to life is there? If you’re kind of new to the happy hour scene, but still consider yourself a professional happy hour attendee (I’d like to think I fall in this category), than listen up. I have compiled a short list of how to get the most out of your happy hour.
1. LADIES (and gentlemen) wear a loose fitting top or dress. This will conceal that food baby that is coming your way just a few minutes after 5:00. No time for snug pants or unforgiving fabrics here!
2. Research the damn place. One time my friend and I went to a joint that didn’t offer a happy hour?! A true crime if you ask me. Be smart. Don’t be like my friend and I that had unassumingly assumed that all places have a happy hour menu.
3. Don’t let the weather ruin your fun. Even if you had your heart set on sitting out on the patio, the inside will be just as good to consume your cheap eats and drinks in.
4. Don’t be afraid to broaden your horizons. Is my favorite happy hour the Chuy’s down the street that offers a free nacho bar with the purchase of a drink? Yes. Should I probably explore what else this city has to offer? Also, yes.
5. There is no shame in being that friend. You know, the one that wants to set up the next happy hour while currently at a happy hour. Totallyyyyy acceptable.
6. Put your phone away. And enjoy the company that you’re with.
So, friends. Sit back, relax, and have fun enjoying that happy hour. Cheers.