1. Clark Kent isn’t afraid of anything. He has a weakness, yes, but he isn’t scared of any of his archenemies, unlike Gus. Augustus Waters was never afraid to admit that he was afraid of being forgotten. Let’s just say that he’s not afraid of admitting that he’s afraid of something. That doesn’t make him a coward, though. It takes a man to confess to a girl that he is also terrified of things. But let’s also credit the Kryptonite. But I’d rather be the weakness of a guy rather than a green stone.
2. Where in the world will you meet a guy who will take you to your favorite author? Of course, Superman can just fly you there but for Gus to spend his one wish on you is kind of romantic – no wait, it is. Clark can instantly take you there just by placing his arm around your waist and his other pointed towards the sky but it took Gus’ guts to fly you to your favorite author. Guys who sacrifice a very important thing to them, even a chance of a life time, are worth the keep for sure.
3. Superman can probably hear your call from anywhere because he has this super power but just one “Okay” from you and Gus will probably be there, not in a minute, but for sure he will – always.
4. Words are probably man’s best friend when it comes to girls. Now tell me, how many times did Superman swept you of your feet by just one sentence? Did it go like, “It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.” or “That’s the thing about pain. It demands to be felt.”?
5. He died. Did Superman ever die? No. But Gus did. Augustus was never afraid to die. Clark Kent did everything just to keep himself from dying but Gus couldn’t do anything. Now that’s courage. Accepting the truth that no matter what you do, you just can’t have it all.