1. You call each other pet names
…Babe, beautiful, sweetheart, boo, honey, the list goes on – you name it.
2. Some people actually think you’re dating
…And it doesn’t even bother you as much as it probably should.
3. Because you’ve probably pretended to be dating before anyway
…For April’s Fools jokes, when you’re asked about romantic prospects, to get rid of creepy guys at the bar (well you’ve tried to get rid of them at least).
4. You share a lot
…Clothes, food, drinks, boys, germs, and other things you probably shouldn’t admit to sharing…
5. People are perplexed by your friendship
…And you’ve probably been told that “you are the cutest BFFs ever, omg!!”
6. People probably also think you’re weird
…Even your closest mutual friends. But I mean eccentric is probably a better word. Ok maybe you’re just a smidge weird.
7. It probably doesn’t help that you cuddle on the regular
…But who cares what other people think when you have the perfect big spoon to hold you?
8. And it definitely doesn’t help that you celebrate holidays together
…But Valentine’s Day just wouldn’t be the same with anyone else.
9. You regularly schedule and plan dates
…That are more romantic than ones you’ve gone on with boyfriends. Couples massage anyone?
10. You could write a multivolume book series for your inside jokes
…And all of them wouldn’t even fit.
11. You’re very, very comfortable around each other
…No pants are the best pants, right?
12. She’s your go-to shoulder to cry on
…And you have never felt so safe being so vulnerable.
13. You either live together or have seriously considered it
…Because who else would you want to wake up to and tell about your nightmare/crazy sex fantasy?
14. You have each other’s and each other’s parent’s numbers memorized
…And she’s listed as ICE in your phone.
15. She’s your go to partner in crime by night
…And going out without her just isn’t the same.
16. But she’s also your go-to study buddy by day
…Even though it’s not always the most productive way to study.
17. You trust her with all of your heart
…And you know you can count on her to hold your hair back, get you home safe, tell off an ex, guard your secrets.
18. You imagine her by your side on your big day
…And you’re already mentally collecting notes for your own maid of honor toast.
19. She makes forever seem short
…Because now that you’ve found her, you can’t imagine living another day without her #soulsisters.
20. And most of all, you’re smiling and/or laughing pretty hard right now
…Because far too many of these signs reminded you of her. Well, what’re you waiting for? Go on, tell her you love her and send her this list.