If you’re a big fan of Harry Potter like me, you probably think you know everything about the series. Well you’re wrong. I recently watched every movie again and noticed a few shocking details that no one else has mentioned. I’m not sure how these easter eggs have slipped through the cracks, but it’s time to share them with the world. Here are ten truly shocking things you’ve never noticed in Harry Potter.
1. At one point JK Rowling almost killed off Ron Weasley for no real reason. Can you imagine the series without him?
2. Many fans of the series may remember this character, but probably don’t know his name because most of the other characters won’t speak it. His name is Voldemort.
3. If you pause this scene at just the right time you’ll see that Harry has a lightning bolt shaped scar on his forehead. While we never do find out what caused it, one must wonder if it had a deeper story to it or was just from rough housing as a child.
4. The true identity of Hermione Granger has been much debated, but after much research it was determined she is actually played by actress Emma Watson, who you probably remember from the 2007 made for television movie entitled Ballet Shoes.
5. Despite numerous internet rumors, this was not a hidden character in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This is actually Shrek from the Dreamworks motion picture Shrek.
6. A few eagle eyed viewers may have notice a brief cameo by actor Tom Felton. The character he played was called Draco Malfoy and he was actually not a friend of Harry Potter. You can check out his IMDB page for confirmation.
7. In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, there’s a scene where you can clearly see the visual effects team forgot to add Voldemort’s nose. How did that one slip through editing??
8. In several of the train station scenes, several characters can be seen running full speed towards a wall then suddenly vanish. Was this a continuity error or some sort of magic that was never explained? I guess we’ll never really know.
9. Dumbledore was a major character in the series, but after Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, we never see him again except in some sort of vision that Harry has during his fight with Voldemort. Was it contract disputes or did Rowlings just forget to include him in the story?
10. Many fans were shocked and horrified when the beloved character Dobby was killed. If you were one of those fans you’ll be happy to know that he was actually computer generated and so no one was actually killed while shooting his final scene. Whew!