1. Peter Dinklage is such a strict vegetarian that, during scenes that require him to eat meat, he eats tofu instead.
2. In order to make Dothraki as authentic as possible, a complete Dothraki dictionary was created containing over 3000 words.
3. Remember when Khaleesi ate that horse heart in season one? It was actually seven pounds of a gummy-like substance made of jam, dried pasta, fake blood, and sugar.
4. To make their reactions as genuine as possible, the majority of the cast have not read the Game of Thrones books.
5. Game of Thrones was supposed to be a movie, but George R.R. Martin didn’t want his story to be cut down so drastically.
6. Jason Momoa, who played Khal Drogo, is married to Lisa Bonet, who you may remember as Denise on The Cosby Show.
7. Jack Gleeson, who you know as King Joffrey, got his first major role in Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins.
8. The first season premiered on Sean Bean’s birthday. Bean, of course, played Ned Stark.
9. Alfie Allen, who plays Theon Greyjoy, is the brother to singer Lily Allen.
10. The iron throne took two months for the prop department to construct and is made from wood and heated swords.
11. You may recognize Walder Frey, played by David Bradley, from the role of Argus Filch in the Harry Potter series.
12. After the direwolf named Lady had completed her work, she was actually adopted by Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa.