Let’s be honest, if you don’t love the movie Tremors, then something very horrible happened to you in life and you have given up on joy. It’s a terrible movie, but in the best way possible. It’s also humanly impossible to be flipping through the channels and not watch it, as it’s being shown on TNT or USA for the 800,000th time. There are a lot of important things you could be doing right now, but here are 20 reasons why you should be watching Tremors.
1. There’s enough denim-covered clothing to make Jay Leno himself weep in envy.
2. Where else are you going to see farmers so dedicated, they plant crops in the middle of a desert wasteland and even protect it with a scarecrow dressed like Mary Ellen Walton?
3. Finn Carter may be stuck in the desert doing research, but that doesn’t mean she won’t have time to rock some fantastic ‘90s hair.
4. Where else are you going to see a movie where two guys decide to leave town while only taking a shovel, a broom, and some oversized novelty dice with them?
5. Three words: Desert pole vaulting.
6. Even better, a musical montage of synchronized desert pole vaulting.
7. Name one other movie that features Kevin Bacon tackling a girl who’s listening to her walkman while pouncing on a pogo stick because she’s about to be eaten by an underground worm.
8. You get to see Kevin Bacon climb a tower despite wearing jeans so tight you’ll marvel at the fact that he can even bend his legs.
9. Reba McEntire and Michael Gross are so hardcore, they decided the only décor necessary for their apocalypse bunker is dual cow skulls. I’m assuming she’s not big on Pinterest.
10. Kevin Bacon kills a series of flesh eating, underground monsters and the only consequence is that one of them got a little marinara sauce on his eyebrow.
11. When Reba McEntire starts battling the creature with her husband, you can start singing, “Here’s you one chance Fancy, don’t let me down” and it makes perfect sense. Any excuse I have to sing that song is a plus.
12. Seriously though, Reba’s bangs are magnificent. You could almost see the ozone dissolving as she applied yet another layer of Aqua Net.