10. Do not take a man who still has a chain attached to his wallet seriously. If you are old enough to drive a car, you should be old enough to keep your wallet safe without having it chained to you. Plus, it looks idiotic. I mean, does this sound right, “He looks so classy with that chain attached to his belt loop.”
9. If “yo” or “that’s what’s up” is part of his daily vocabulary, you have picked a wrong one. Once again, it is about showing you have a little bit of class even involuntarily. When is the last time you have heard a president or even your youngest teacher talk that way? You haven’t. So drop him.
8. Do not walk out of the house until he comes to the door. If his only way of telling you that he is here is by a simple text message, he is not nearly respectful enough to take you out. If he doesn’t have the decency to come to the door, why should you have to walk to his car?
7. If he picks up his phone on a date or while talking to you, pick up yours and call me to pick you up. There is not a more obvious way of saying that “what you have to say does not matter” than him picking up his phone to see what others are saying to him. You should be the most important person in his conversation.
6. Make sure he picks up the check on the first date. Seriously. If he is too cheap to pay for you on the first date, how will he be in the rest of the relationship? It’s chivalry 101. However, show him you appreciate him too. Further down the line, when he is about to pay, grab his hand, and pay yourself. It will blow him away.
5. If he can’t accept your friends, you can’t accept him. We all have those friends that will never like anyone we date, those are an exception. However, if not a single one of your friends likes him or sees what you see, it is saying a lot. You should trust your friends to make this judgement. There is not a guy in the world worth losing every single one of your friends over.
4. If he constantly complains about me or our family, let him go. Think about it. I will be around you, whether you like it or not, your entire life. If he can’t handle us while you are dating, how will it be later in life? Your boyfriends will come and go, but I will always be there, even when you think you hate me.
3. Do not make him a priority when he only makes you an option. If you constantly see him cancelling plans with you to do something else, he does not care nearly enough about you. If he cares, he will make time for you. However, do not be that girlfriend that makes him bail on his friends to hang out with you. Rule number five goes both ways.
2. If he does not respect you or constantly complains about you, end the relationship immediately. First off, if he ever physically harms you, call me instantly and I will guarantee that will never have the ability to harm another woman again. When you realize that he spends more time complaining about you than complimenting you, you know this guy is not for you. Do both of you guys a favor and end it.
1. WATCH HOW HE TREATS HIS MOTHER. This rule is a must. If you want to see how a man will be in the future, watch how he treats the woman that has been in his life the longest. If he is short with her or disrespects her, this is exactly how he will be to you in future. I understand that some mothers are dead beats and do not deserve respect, but in that instance, how does he talk about her? Does he talk about wanting to help her get better or is he always negative? Think about it, if he can’t respect the only woman to give him life and care for him when he couldn’t care for himself, how will he care about you?