Recently I’ve been working on my self-esteem and loving my body. A lot of that has to do with my imagining that one day I might have a daughter that I wouldn’t want to hear me call myself fat. Lately, I’ve also been thinking how important it is for that future daughter to understand what love really looks like so that one day she can make good choices when it comes dating. I hope her first love will be her Daddy and when she sees how well he treats me and how much he would undeniably love her, she would expect nothing less from a boyfriend. However, I do also believe I would have some love lessons to teach her as well.
1. If he doesn’t want to be with you, let him go. There will be a guy that cannot imagine life without you and will show you he wants to be with you and no one else.
2. If he talks to you in any way other than with words that make you feel beautiful, smart, funny, and valuable get rid of him. You are worth more than that.
3. Sometimes the greatest blessing is the end of a relationship. It’s painful at the time but it may be paving the way for incredible things to come.
4. If he would rather go out with his friends every night than hang out with you, he’s probably not worth your time.
5. You do not have to get physical with someone to prove to them you love them or to make them stay with you. If they really love you, they will wait until you are ready. And if they want to leave, they will leave anyway.
6. If your family and friends don’t like the guy you’re with there is probably a reason. Evaluate that reason.
7. Don’t try to be anything other than who you are. Not everyone will like that, but the right person will.
8. There is more to what makes you beautiful than what size you are, how expensive your clothes are, or how you do your hair. Find someone that sees that beauty even when you don’t.
9. Meeting the right person doesn’t always happen how or when you want it to. But God’s timing is perfect.
10. If anyone ever hurts you, your dad owns a shotgun.
What love lessons would you/will you teach your daughter?