1. You don’t talk about your ex anymore and you’re no longer obsessing over you two getting back together or the possibility of giving your relationship a second chance.
2. After thinking clearly, you’re convinced that you two weren’t right for each other and that you’ll be happier with someone else.
3. You’re not bitter or resentful. You’re more excited about the future and the great opportunities that await you.
4. You’re looking forward to meeting new people without comparing any of them to your ex or trying to make your ex jealous.
5. You’re not pushing people away because you’re still hung up on your ex. You are now ready to give someone a fair chance and you’re ready to dole out as much love as you can.
6. You’re okay with being single and exploring what life has to offer. You’re enjoying trying new things without feeling that you need to find someone to share them with.
7. You’re working on yourself and trying to be a better person. You’re taking the time to rediscover what you like, what you’re passionate about and where you really belong without anyone interfering with or clouding your decisions.
8. You’re not projecting any judgment or making assumptions about someone new just because they have similar qualities to your ex. You’re not going to let someone else pay for your ex’s mistakes.
9. You’re more aware of what you’re looking for in a relationship and more cognizant of what you don’t want and what won’t work for you.
10. You don’t get involved with someone you think you can fix or change. You’ve learned that relationships only work when both partners essentially accept each other and respect their differences.
11. You’re not afraid of the ‘void.’ You’re not trying to desperately fill the void your last relationship left with anyone. You’ve learned that it’s better to be alone than with someone you don’t see a future with or someone you’re using as a rebound.
12. You’ve learned to satiate your hunger for love in other ways. You’re surrounded by amazing friends and family and people who love you and want to see you happy. You’re enjoying the precious moments you’re sharing with them and making every moment count.