1. It’s harder for them to trust other people with their heart. Because it’s the most fragile and vulnerable part of them, sensitive people tend to take longer to trust someone because they know that their love is strong and they’re more susceptible to pain so they have to be very careful with who they give their hearts to.
2. They don’t know how to let the little things go. They don’t easily forget and the smallest thing can really upset them. Because they’re highly sensitive, it’s harder for them to find a partner who understands why a certain comment– that sounds normal— would upset them or why they would take it personally.
3. They always react with feelings not logic. It’s not very common for sensitive people to react with logic especially when it comes to matters of the heart. They don’t always know how to control their emotions because it’s usually the main force that drives them and not many people know how to handle sensitive people or deal with their prevailing emotions.
4. They are afraid to go all in. Because they know how hard it is for them to deal with heartbreak, they usually take baby steps when they like someone until they make sure that the feelings are mutual and reciprocated because they don’t want to waste their love on someone who isn’t serious about them.
5. They date to find love not a one night stand. Which is why modern dating is their worst nightmare. Dating to them is a bridge to a serious relationship or commitment not something they do when they’re bored or they want to explore their options.
6. It’s harder for them to make the first move. They’re terrified of rejection because of the emotional effect it will have on them and they will not have the courage to take any steps unless someone makes it obvious that they’re interested in them or someone who takes initiative.
7. They need a lot of reassurance. Sensitive people tend to be over thinkers too, which is why they’re always questioning someone’s feelings or intentions and they over analyze what each word meant and why it was said. In order for them to feel safe, they constantly need to be reminded how someone truly feels about them and why they chose them.
8. They’re deep and they only crave deep relationships. They don’t do casual flings or friends with benefits and the modern dating scene is not for them because when they like someone, they want to get to know them on a deeper level and they want to be able to talk to them about the profound issues in their lives and in the world.
9. It’s harder for them to move on from previous heartbreaks. It will always haunt them in any new relationship and it will always cloud their judgment because they don’t want to feel this way again and because they’re probably still healing. Sensitive people need more time to learn how to love and trust someone again and that is why they can push some people away when they trigger the same heartbreaking feelings they experienced with an ex.
10. It’s harder for them to find someone who can understand them. Because it’s in their nature to love and feel everything so deeply and their love is always pure and real. They often find it hard to find a partner who gets that and appreciates it. They’re just waiting for the person who won’t take their love for granted and will not shame them for their sensitivity.