1. Heat is expensive. You know the drill. Should have paid the light bill, you bought an outfit. Cuffing up will keep your bills down, especially if you are into big boys.
2. Mistletoe. Because without a plus one you are either avoiding this little bundle of holiday joy altogether, or desperately hanging out underneath it all night waiting for someone to notice you.
3. New Year’s Eve. Because contrary to popular belief, Valentine’s Day isn’t the most depressing day of the year for single girls. They say the way you spend New Year’s is the way you will spend the rest of the year, so hopefully no one will be drinking all that champagne alone.
4. Christmas cards. Even though you know there is no way you will still be together by the time the cards are delivered, the annual photo of you and your dog is getting a little tired. This tells the world someone other than Rocky loves you…at least temporarily.
5. Christmas presents. Santa Claus stopped giving a damn about what you wanted for Christmas around the same time your parents stopped paying for your insurance, but the person you are sleeping with is obligated to fulfill your wish list.
6. A new family. Can’t stand another awkward family holiday at grandma’s house with your perverted uncle and a bunch of cousins you don’t speak to while the family you actually care about is noticeably absent? This is your perfect (and only) excuse to trade them in for someone else’s version of crazy.
7. A good excuse. Much like avoiding your family, your new boo is a good excuse to get out of just about anything you don’t want to do this holiday season. How unfortunate that his office party just so happens to be the same night as yours, or his friends ugly sweater party is at the exact same time as your friends inaugural Christmas karaoke bash.
8. No more annoying questions. Your perverted uncle and cousins you don’t speak to can stop asking if you are seeing anyone because “Hello! Here he is! Didn’t you get our Christmas card?”
9. Laziness. Because laying around on the couch all day every day in a snuggie that is desperate for a washing is pathetic. But laying around on the couch all day every day in a snuggie made for two is nothing short of adorable.
10. You might actually fall in love. If you can make it past each other’s failed attempts at New Year’s resolutions (January 8), you are probably meant to be.