1. Sitting on a beach, and just watching the waves dance on the shores, seagulls flying into the horizon and the cool breeze brushing against your face.
2. A baby, sound asleep in your arms. Babies sleeping are the cutest, with those tiny fingers and toes all curled up, a little pout and an occasional dream that interrupts that serene moment.
3. Sitting in a deck chair, out on the patio after a long day at work, sipping on your cup of favorite coffee or tea. Such a mood lifter. Nothing else matters.
4. Watching a squirrel nibble on her acorn, while her nose twitches from time to time. Every time I see a squirrel holding her acorn with her dainty little hands and nibbling on it, it warms the cockles of my heart.
5. Staying in on a Friday night with your better half, sharing your favorite pizza and watching a good movie. How else would one define the beginning of a great weekend?!
6. Hitting the endless road with your old man and jamming to the ‘father-daughter favorites.’ My fondest memories of my dad were, are, and will always be long drives.
7. Waking up to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee, made by your mother. For me, the aroma of coffee reassures me that everything is good with the world.
8. Discretely making anniversary celebration plans for parents with a sibling. Simply because this plan involves, agreements, disagreements, name calling, and appreciation all in one package.
9. Ice cream. Especially chocolate dipped and on a stick. Rain, hail or shine, these Belgian chocolate-covered ice creams will make any sad soul happy in an instant.
10. Receiving little presents from relatives who come to visit you. Well, I am 20-something and yet feel slightly disheartened when a relative visits us without chocolates.
11. Spotting a rainbow. Just when you think it is going to be wet and gloomy outside, out of nowhere, you will see sunshine, which brings the rainbow along to raise the spirits of the disgruntled human beings down on earth.
12. Listening to Louis Armstrong’s ‘What a Wonderful World.’ No matter how depressed, angry or hopeless I feel, this song always calms me and reminds me of the good things in the world.