Sometimes it can be really hard to get a conversation going with a person, especially if you’ve never met them before and don’t know them at all. You don’t want to step on any toes or cross any lines, but you still want to get past the surface level of who they are.
So whether it be a first date or the first day of school and you ask an ice breaker kind of question or you’re just having fun with your friends to get to know them better, here’s how you can get things a bit more fun:
Fun Questions To Ask Anyone
- If a person you’ve met only once before asked you to pack a bag and go on a fun and spontaneous adventure, would you go?
- What is your favorite way to watch a movie: in bed, on the couch, or in a movie theater?
- Do you have any fast food horror stories?
- If you owned a boat, would you name it or just refer to it as the boat? Do you have any hidden talents?
- Are you more productive in the morning or at night?
- Is there a person you look up to?
- Are you more of a leader or a follower?
- Are you a Harry Potter fan or a Lord of the Rings fan?
- What is your favorite board game?
- Have you ever stayed awake for 24 hours?
- What, would you say, is the worst thing about the state or country you live in?
- Who is the kindest person you know?
- What is the most fun you’ve ever had?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- What is your favorite breakfast food?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- What’s the last thing you were really excited about?
- Are you superstitious?
- What TV show could you watch over and over again without getting tired of it?
- If you could make a rule that everyone on earth had to follow for one day, what would the rule be?
Fun Questions To Ask A Kid
Are you a teacher looking to have a fun conversation with your students? Or, rather, do you remember on the first day of school when the teacher would ask an ice breaker question and every kid would have to go around the room and give an answer? Like, tell me one interesting thing about you.
Well, if you’re looking for some entertainment, here are some fun questions to ask:
- What is your favorite color and why is it your favorite?
- What is your favorite smell?
- What kind of candy do you choose when you go to the movies?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- What is your favorite food?
- What song puts you in a good mood?
- Is that your favorite song? If not, what is?
- If you could have one superpower, which one would you choose, and why?
- If you were at a bakery, what is something you would get: a cupcake, a slice of cake, a brownie, a cookie, or a slice of pie?
- What is the name of your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite thing to do on weekends?
- When was the last time you drank a chocolate milkshake?
- What is your favorite dance move?
- Who is your favorite superhero?
- Who is your favorite Disney princess?
- Do you have a favorite toy? What is it?
- Would you rather own a pet snake or a guinea pig? Why?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What scares you the most?
- If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be?
Fun Questions To Ask The Person You Like
Let’s say you’re on a first date and want to get to know the person you’re sharing drinks or appetizers with. You’re probably thinking, how can I create a great conversation with this person? Well, what better conversation starter than to ask questions! Get to know their opinions and thoughts by asking random or interesting questions.
If you’re feeling stuck, here are some general and fun questions to ask the person you like and see how they answer:
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is your favorite song and why is it your favorite?
- Do you have an ideal date night idea?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- When it comes to movies or TV shows or musical artists, would you say you have a guilty pleasure?
- What is your favorite pick up line?
- Where is your favorite place in the world? Have you been there before or is it on your bucket list?
- What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
- What is your favorite thing to do after a long day?
- What was your worst job?
- What was the last thing you said out loud?
- Would you say you’re more of an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?
- What is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you on a date?
- Would you say that, for you, going skydiving would be fun or scary?
- What is the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
- What is your favorite type of music?
- What would you say is a good question to ask someone if you want to really know their personality?
- What is the most useful thing your parents or caregivers have taught you?
- Would you say you’re a bookworm? If yes, what is the best book you’ve read? If no, why not?
- What is a relationship dealbreaker?
A psychologist conducted a study on intimacy and if there are certain questions that can create a deeper connection and interesting conversation with someone you’re in a relationship with. So if you want to dive in more and ask the deep questions, here are some ideas, inspired by the 36 Questions That Lead To Love:
- What is your favorite memory?
- If you could meet and have dinner with one celebrity, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- If you could ask one random question to that celebrity, what would it be?
- If you could time travel, would you go to the past, or to the future?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received from someone?
- Would you want to be famous?
- What do you value the most in a friendship?
- Do you have any regrets?
- Do you believe in love?
- If you found out you had one week left to live, how would you spend your time?