Maybe it was the summer before your freshman year or maybe you’re twenty-two and haven’t gotten your first kiss yet. Maybe it was with the person you had a crush on for years or maybe it was with someone you barely knew. Maybe you’re still waiting. To you, it feels like love is shrouded in mystery.
You and your roommates stay up late talking about life and here it comes, the story of your first kiss. They go around in a circle each sharing details: It was when I was 13, 12, 15. It was at the park. It was at a restaurant. And then it’s your turn.
You become a little overwhelmed. You feel like you’re the only one and that no one, I mean absolutely no one in the world, understands your struggle. Doesn’t that sound ridiculous? It should. You aren’t a “late” bloomer. In fact, you aren’t late to anything, but you do need to stop telling yourself that you are.
Here are a few quotes and affirmations you can say to yourself when you find it hard to let go of being a “late” bloomer with love or in any other area of your life:
1. When I accept me, no one can reject me.
2. Time is on my side.
3. I accept myself unconditionally right now.
4. I will never believe a prediction that doesn’t empower me.
5. No one can hurt me without my consent.
6. I expect to win from the beginning.
7. I am angry and I am still okay.
8. I run this race as the one who wins.
9. Today, I am obedient to the ways of God.
10. Today, I will keep my foot on the gas.
11. The wealth of my spirit is the light of my world.
12. I move in the power of a mighty past.
13. My heart is unbreakable.
14. I am claiming the victory right now.
15. I honor my feelings no matter what they are.
16. I will not hide who I am or what I am.
17. Nothing has a hold of my mind that I cannot break free from.
18. I will surround myself with people and things that are good for me.
19. If I need help, I will ask for it.
20. I think positively about myself and speak positively to myself.
21. I am in touch with my feelings about who I am.
22. I stand on the principle of me first.
23. I have something valuable to give to the world. If I don’t know what it is yet, I will figure it out.