There’s nothing much good happening on the internet today, not even any good cat videos, even, so here’s your live video feed of a bald eagles’ nest, brought to you by Berry College, in Mount Berry, Georgia, which is where I once dated a stripper. Anyway. Here is the live video of the eagles, because America, fuck yeah–
…And here are some fun facts (or semi-fun facts), which are related to eagles:
- Eagles are assholes.
- The bald eagle almost wasn’t our national bird; Ben Franklin wanted the turkey to be our national bird instead.
- Turkeys are so dumb that they sometimes drown when it rains, because they leave their mouths open and choke to death.
- Eagles eat live fish. Not in a sushi sort of way, but in an eating fish guts sort of way. A little gross, but they’re birds, so; deal with it.
- Not only was the turkey almost our national bird, but we were one vote away — in the Constitutional Congress — from having German as our national language.
- German and turkeys; that’d be pretty fucked up.
- But instead it all worked out, with the bald eagle.
- The bald eagle is a pretty warlike symbol, if you think about it.
- Sorry that I digressed a little with this list.
- Almost all of the facts in this list are true.
- And now, here’s some light music! America, fuck yeah! And eagles. Eagles are cool. And stern-looking. And now, some music.