- You are the direct result of approximately 4 billion years of unbroken lineage all the way from single celled organisms. Remember this when you feel invalid. It took 4 billion years to make you for this very moment. Your existence has meaning.
- Whatever is hurting you, whatever is trying to destroy you is insignificant compared to you, and the fibers that make you. You are powerful. You beat all the odds just to exist, because the chances of you being here are 1 in 10 is to the power of 2,640,000.
- Your spine is stronger than granite and the same iron that was once used to make weapons runs through your veins. Gifts from the universe to remind you that you can survive anything.
- If you have been betrayed by someone today remember your heart will mend again, and arise even stronger. It was given the powers of reincarnation by the universe itself, each version even better than the last. If you don’t believe me, think of just how many times people have broken your heart. Now think of how it still has the capacity to fill itself with love again.
- Examine the depth of the wound first. Then remind yourself no matter how deep it goes, you will be able to heal it, because you have been able to heal every single wound inflicted on your heart and soul before. You will be able to find the light at the end of the wound, because you have found a way before.
- You are loved, no matter what your mental illness or your pain tries to convince you of. If you don’t feel it from the people around you, feel it from the universe. It loved you so much it gave you a chance to exist, even though every odd was stacked against your existence. The very idea of you being here is zero.
- All of the atoms that make you right now, come from the womb of stars. They died to give you a chance to draw breath and exist.
- You inside a very small flesh and bone suit, living on a giant flying rock that miraculously supports life whilst circling a giant ball of fire. Trust me when I say you are a miracle.
“Love a soft person. The ones who are positive, even in the worst of circumstances. Someone whose strength is not in bravado, but in their quiet. Someone who is strong for others because that is what is needed in that moment. Someone who is the moon that soothes instead of the sun that burns. Someone who sees the very best in people even when you think they aren’t worth it. The kind of person who always wants to do the best for those they love.”
—Excerpt from Your Soul Is A River, by Nikita Gill
“I bought this on a whim to read as I was resting for the night, and I do not regret it one bit! Everything about the poetry in this book is amazing, heart breaking, and soul searching. It will lift your spirits on your darkest days. I want to thank the author so much for writing this, as it’s something I will be rereading a lot! Always remember, everything about you is important. You matter.” —McKayla