1. “On my 23rd birthday my college friend who just returned from backpacking through Europe decided to visit me. We both lived in different cities at the time so even when she was in the US, I rarely got to see her. Because it was such a special occasion, she decided to bring a couple tabs of acid with her. Before that day, I had never tripped on acid in my life, but she had done it a few times prior.
We had a mutual friend (who was sober the entire time) drive us to this lake that was about a half hour from my apartment. It was beautiful, the whole experience. I know that sounds super corny, but I felt so in touch with nature, and everything around me, it was unlike anything I’ve felt before. Basically, I was tripping balls, but in a good way. The lake looked like it was solid glass that I could walk on, and when birds flew by they literally painted the clouds.
When we had to go back to my apartment it was kind of terrifying. My friend told me the experience is way better outside, but I figured since it had been several hours the trip would wear out. I decided I would shower and maybe that would make me feel better (because I was clearly still tripping). So I’m naked in the shower, and all of the sudden my friend climbs in with me, which wasn’t all that strange. But then she turns to me (and she is clearly still tripping too) and says, “You’re so beautiful.” The next few moments are kind of a blur, and I don’t remember exactly what I was thinking, but she grabbed me and kissed me. It felt amazing.
Meanwhile, our sober friend was sitting on the couch in my living room, probably wondering what was going on. I never told her what happened. After we were done making out in the shower, we sat on the floor of my living room and drew on paper with magic markers. Our sober friend was making fun of our drawings the entire time.” — Denise, 28
2. “I joined a sorority in college. And no, this will not be some weird sorority role play fetish. Trust me, it wasn’t like that at all. Of course a sorority is all girls, and it might seem somewhat incestuous to romantically get involved with one of your “sisters,” but it’s not like your blood. The weirdest part about my bi-curious rendezvous is that the girl I fooled around with was my pledge master. For those of you who don’t know sorority protocol, Pledge Master is basically the evil dictator of the girls trying to get initiated.
She is in charge of you as a “pledge” until you’re initiated and become a “sister.” You don’t want to piss your Pledge Master off, and you MUST abide by every ridiculous rule she creates. Throughout the entire pledging process, we were secretly hooking up. She would call all of us pledges to our secret meeting spot, and when everyone was dismissed, I’d stick around and so would she. The secret pledge meeting spot basically became our designated hookup destination. — Elise, 26
3. “So back when I was in college, I did the stereotypical college thing to do and decided to try a three-some. There was a boy on the lacrosse team, who I barely knew. He was the kid I’d talk to at parties but never go out of my way to actually hangout with. He just started dating a sophomore (we were both juniors), and at one of his lacrosse parties (because each team in college would have their own parties) he informed me that he and his girlfriend were looking for another girl to have a three-some with. I was flattered that they chose to ask me, even though they probably asked a bunch of girls before me who turned them down, so I took the night to think about it.
He gave me his number and told me to text him if I decided I was interested. The next day I started drinking around noon, and thought, why not? I texted him an hour later, substantially drunk at that point and said, ‘I’m in, when can this happen?’ He responded right away and said, ‘tonight.’ So of course I continued to drink and when we finally met up was pretty much wasted, but they had both apparently been doing the same exact thing. We went to his apartment and he was so drunk he could barely unlock the door. So me, his girlfriend, and him finally make it to his bedroom, and he literally flops on the bed and passes out. I had never even spoken to his girlfriend before that night, but she looked at me after he passed out and said, ‘You still wanna do this?’ I of course, was drunk and extremely horny from all the build up, and said, ‘Sure.’ So me and her had his fantasy three-some without him. It was fun, and I was satisfied.
I slept over, but left in the morning before they both woke up. He texted me after I got home and said, ‘Can’t believe you guys did it without me.’ I gave him a simple reply with, ‘Haha. Sorry!’ And he texted back, ‘It’s okay’ with a wink face. Every time I saw him and his girlfriend at lacrosse parties after that, they always asked me if I’d try again. I never did.” — Anna, 23
4. “I had just moved into my own apartment and one of my friends from high school came to visit me. I think Mother Nature hates us both, because Hurricane Sandy hit right after she arrived. Basically me and her were stuck in my apartment her entire stay…with no electricity. Thank god, I had stocked up on booze, so we just made the best of it with tons of wine, and tons of whiskey. The first night the power was out we played cliché games like ‘Never Have I Ever’ and basically ‘Truth or Truth’ because there weren’t many dares to do given our circumstances of being stuck inside with no electric.
On one of the truths, she asked me was if I had ever hooked up with a girl. I told her, no. Then I of course asked her the same question, but received a different answer. After she told me she’s hooked up with girls before (more than one, I was shocked) I got up to get another glass of wine. When I was pouring my glass she came up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist. I think you know what happens next. When the Hurricane finally settled down, and flights were actually able to leave Philadelphia, she flew home and texted me, ‘I hope this doesn’t make things weird.’ I called her after she sent that basically saying that her friendship means the world to me, and we are both still friends today…Just friends, to be clear.” — Christina, 27
5. “My first year of post-grad I was a lost soul. I graduated with a BA in English and basically had no idea what the hell I wanted to do. I was still living with my parents, and was unemployed, and to be honest wasn’t actively looking for a job anyway. I still had friends in college, and was pretty much in denial that I was no longer a student. I’d visit them nearly every weekend and would obviously join in on their college like festivities. One weekend there was a Rubik’s Cube party. This is where you go to the party wearing tons of different colors, and once you arrive, you have to switch clothing with other people who are there so that you end up in only one color by the time the party’s over. Basically a good excuse to get girls to take their tops off. Horny college boys are brilliant.
I was attempting to cloth myself in all green, so I gave away the red shirt I was wearing. Somehow I ended up never putting on another shirt and spent the whole night just hanging out in my bra (which was red). No one really cared because we were all wasted anyway, but towards the end of the night a senior girl, who I had seen before but never talked to, came up to me and called me out for my shorts being green and my bra being red. I just sort of laughed awkwardly and shrugged, but then she asked if she could help me with that. She grabbed my hand and took me upstairs to the bathroom.
There was of course a line, and I started nervously freaking out, which I thought I was being subtle about, but apparently not because she told me to relax. When we got into the bathroom she unclipped my bra and said, ‘Perfect, now you’re in all green.’ Best line I think I’ve heard yet. She made out with me for all of about two minutes until the next girls in line for the bathroom were banging on the door telling us to hurry up. I’ll never forget that party.” — Zoe, 24
6. “I had a little ‘bi-curious’ phase when I studied abroad. I lived in Florence for 6 months, and my school basically set up all of the living arrangements for us. Me and two other girls who were both in my major lived in an apartment complex in the city. There was an Italian girl who lived alone on the floor below us, and we’d always run into her in the elevator when we left for class in the morning. One morning, both my roommates were extremely hungover (which happened a lot of mornings) and decided to skip class.
On that particular morning, I ran into the girl who lived below us again in the elevator. She never said anything to us before, but I guess since I was alone she felt it polite to say hello (Ciao). So I of course was polite back. Her English was pretty good, and she asked me how long I’d be staying in Florence. I told her 4 more months. The elevator ride was pretty short, but she asked me for my number, so I gave her the number to my shitty Italian flip phone that I bought for 20 Euro.
I figured she wanted to hangout with us all, because we constantly had our other American friends over on the weekends and were probably the most obnoxious people in the building. She texted me that week asking if I wanted to try a local trattoria (basically a restaurant), but didn’t ask for me to bring my roommates with me. I was all for making friends with the locals, so I of course said yes. That night, she paid for my dinner and when we were back in the elevator to our building she asked me to get off at her floor. I was having a lot of fun with her and decided to see her apartment. It was super nice. Way nicer than the one upstairs that my school had us stay in. I guess I was oblivious to the signals she was sending me all night because when we both sat down on her couch she immediately went in for a kiss.
I didn’t want to be rude, or piss of a local, so I just sort of went with it. I actually found it kind of nice. We went out with each other a couple more times after that, but I eventually told her that I didn’t want to get too attached because I’d be returning to America. She said she understood. I felt like a little player, but it was actually really fun.”— Heather, 24
7. “I took a ceramics course fall semester, and the TA was gorgeous. She was really natural and earthy and beautiful in a non-traditional way. Her artistic talent of course made her even more attractive. Plus, there’s something about operating the wheel, that is super sexual. I would always go in for studio hours because I sucked at the wheel. My bowls looked like plates, and my cylinders which were supposed to be symmetric looked like something out of Dr. Seuss. I was usually one of few who always went to studio hours, but the TA always had to be there to help us. She was so sweet, and would never make me feel embarrassed about my ugly pottery.
We got to know each other pretty well as the semester went on, and one night she brought a bottle of wine to the studio. It was great. We drank and we sculpted, and we talked about art, and one thing lead to another and we started kissing. It was nothing like that scene from Ghost, sorry to disappoint you, but it was still pretty romantic. She took me back into the room where the professor kept the glaze, and when I got back to my dorm that night, I found little dried chunks of it in my hair. I ended up getting an A- in that class, I always wonder if she had something to do with it.” — Bailey, 22