Guys, if you know me, you know I hate tooting my own horn, but I just have to say, I’m really proud of myself today. I have come up with a new charity concept to help ALS sufferers, and I’m doing it in a way that’s actually super effective, opposed to that dumb ice bucket thing.
Wanna know how it works? It’s simple. You actually donate money.
With this campaign I created, instead of just sitting on the sidelines and dumping water on your head, you affect change by giving me money so I can go on a shopping spree. It’s called Shopping For A Cure, and it’s how I’m saving the world.
From the page:
Hey super fans! Nicole here. As you all know, ALS is a serious disease that affects billions of people every year annually, and it’s up to people like us to stop it.
Fortunately, doctors have isolated the nefarious element at play: ALS is a degenerative disease caused by an acute lack of awareness. People with ALS are plagued by an attention deficiency.
Recently, doctors created the super popular Ice Bucket Challenge. It’s been super effective in helping to cure the disease, but is it enough? No. What ALS needs is a hero, not a bunch of people participating in a silly Youtube challenge.
That’s why I’m introducing Shopping For A Cure. A bold new concept created by me, Nicole Mullen.
Here’s the premise: I’m trying to raise 10,000 dollars USD to go on a 9 hour shopping spree to raise awareness of ALS. How does it possibly raise awareness of ALS you ask? Haha, just give me the money.
- I will tell everyone I encounter about ALS as I’m shopping.
- I’ll make sure to notify the brands that I intend to purchase of my ALS shopping spree.
“But, Nicole,” you ask. “What’s in it for me?” Well, here’s what you get out of it!
- I will ustream the entire shopping spree. It’ll be like you’re right there with me as I buy shoes and purses!
- If I can’t spend the entire 10,000 dollars in the nine hours alotted, I have to do the Ice Bucket Challenge!!!
- Whatever money is left over I get to keep!!!
This is a great program, and it’s a really great way to find a cure. So dig deep friends!
Here’s a list of some of the things I intend to buy:
- Perfume, I will spend a lot of time at Sephora.
- I’m going to get makeup at Sephora too
- Underwear (NICE underwear. But also practical stuff)
- Shoes. DSW is a must. I’ll also go to Steve Madden.
- Jewelry. Watches and rings and bracelets. I want to go to Tiffany’s.
- Cigarettes. Some of the money will be spent on cigarettes to help me stay focused while I’m shopping.
- Coffee. I’ll go to Starbucks to keep me energized so I can spend all of it.
Guys, I’m really excited about this and with your help we can meet our goal. Please dig deep and tell your friends!!!