Producer’s note: Someone on Quora asked: What are the problems people who wear glasses face that others don’t? Here is one of the best answers that’s been pulled from the thread. Thank you to the team at Quora for making this happen!
1. First thing when I wake up in the morning, I have to look for my glasses and say a silent prayer of mercy hoping I didn’t crush it under me because I slept with my glasses on, again.
2. When I forget them somewhere, the only thing I wish is “please let me find it this time, I promise I will take care of it and never leave it anywhere again” and I lose it again.
3. How can I find my glasses without my glasses? Someone please invent a ringing tone so I can ring my glasses when I can’t find them
4. I can’t wear contact lenses because they scare me and only watching people wear contact lenses makes my eyes all teary.
5. I can’t see my hot tea. My glasses fog up, can’t see without them, can’t see with them.
6. I’ve been called “double battery single power” by all my cousins. Hurting them is the last thing I would want to do, but it’s still on the list.
7. People show me 3 fingers and ask how many are they, when I’m without my glasses. Are you serious?
8. Rain and sweat are not my friends.
9. Smudges. I’ll spend five minutes tediously wiping them down, just trying to rid my glasses of those oil-demons, only to put them back on and have new ones pop up on every square inch of my clean lenses.
10. I can’t turn to my side because when I do, my glasses move and the focus power changes and it gets uncomfortable.