1. Act in a manner which benefits your person, not in a manner which may blemish or bring upon suspicion of your character.
2. Do not lie. Additionally, do not say anything that may make your heart feel heavy afterwards.
3. Do not feel sorry for yourself and do not accept anyone’s pity. Pity is petty.
4. Always treat others with respect.
5. Love your mother. This is important.
6. Speak with dignity. Enunciate your words properly.
7. You do not have to be overly pessimistic or even overly optimistic. Just be realistic.
8. Do not be afraid to dream, but be practical.
9. Believe in what you want to believe, and do not allow yourself to be moved from it.
10. Smile for photographs.
11. Be kind, but do not expect kindness in return.
12. In fact, do not expect anything in return.
13. Respect your mother.
14. Dress well. You never know who might be looking.
15. Love women in general, regardless of your sexual orientation.
16. Do not skip breakfast.
17. Call your mother.
18. Get an education, if not for the sake of a better life, then at least for the sake of being able to hold intelligent conversation.
19. Always have intelligent conversation.
20. Be patient with others, be even more patient with yourself.
21. Treat others as people, as human beings and not as objects or ideas or monetary values.
22. Invest some time and interest in the arts.
23. Try new food.
24. Do not be afraid to get your heart broken. Do it again, and again, and again, if need be. Let it inspire you in new and dangerous ways.
25. Always give yourself room to grow.