1. It’s never too late to figure out what you want to do with the rest of your life.
2. It doesn’t make you feel better about yourself to think poorly about another person.
3. Your family may not perfect, but neither is anyone else’s — even if it looks like it.
4. No matter how much weight you do or do not lose, you are still worthy.
5. Your mental health is important and needs to be taken care of. Every single day.
6. You don’t need alcohol to make you feel confident.
7. Having a boyfriend does not fix your wounds of insecurity.
8. Buy the person behind you a coffee, because you’ll enjoy yours more.
9. Putting effort into school pays off.
10. Growing apart from people is okay.
11. Reconnecting with people is also okay.
12. Holding onto hurt from the past only damages you, not anyone else.
13. Poetry, books, photography, music, and art will reach another part of you — other people’s words and ideas can help make sense of things that you cannot understand on your own.
14. Prioritize people over things.
15. Comparisons steal any light you’ve found within yourself.
16. There’s a distinct difference between criticism and constructive criticism.
17. Eating clean and organic isn’t as pretentious as it seems. Your body will thank you
18. Cheat meals are completely necessary.
19. Find healthy outlets to express yourself — paint, write, run, take pictures, learn an instrument.
20. Spend time alone. Connect with your thoughts and soul.
21. Buy yourself flowers, because you deserve to wake up to brightness and soft scents of beauty.
22. Yoga will let your mind breathe as much as it does your lungs.
23. Chai lattes might as well be a liquid chill pill. Get one once a week (at least).
24. Do a big room clean. Get rid of things that just sit there. Out with the old, in with the new.
25. Don’t be afraid to tell people they are important to you. It’s okay to let your guard down.
26. Your mom knows you better then you know yourself sometimes — let her in.
27. You can’t love anyone until you love yourself is bullshit. You can. Let yourself fall in love, even if you’re still working on doing that with yourself.
28. Everything comes in waves — happiness, sadness, anger, hurt, excitement — ride it out.
29. Take credit for your progress, you are a solider.
30. Social media is not a realistic vision of people’s lives — nor yours.
31. Making new friends is way more fun now then it ever was as a kid.
32. Take a walk. Get fresh air. Look around. Wonder about things you’re surrounded by.
33. Volunteer. Give back.
34. One, two, even three bad grades will not ruin your university career or the rest of your life.
35. Your body wants you to feel at home, treat it with care.
36. Stop littering.
37. Wake up, have a coffee, eat a good breakfast. It’s a great start to the day.
38. Try to be on time.
39. Give yourself compliments.
40. Stop looking in the mirror a million times before you leave the house. You’re a hot bitch. Get out there.
41. Travel. Near or far, just travel.
42. How you treat yourself sets an example for how others treat themselves.
43. Promote love.
44. Admit your faults and move past them. Let it go.
45. Move past other people’s faults. Let it go.
46. Leave room in your heart to grow. Never stop the journey of self-love and self-care. Chase it.