It’s not necessarily that I don’t want to go to prom, it’s that there are several things I would rather be doing than going to prom. So I’ve generated a list of 10 things I’d rather be doing than going to prom, in no particular order.
1. Re-downloading Catch Me If You Can as I take a little trip to the supermarket to buy Ben and Jerry’s new Peanut-Butter Ice-Cream (sounds like prom in my mouth). An evening with Leo and Tom and ice-cream? Hot damn.
2. Going to a long ass Yoga class. Namaste, bitches.
3. Start (yet again) teaching myself how to speak French. That damn tutorial box cost $129.
4. Continue reading A. Scott Berg’s Genius and try to finish it. Why hello there Perkins, Fitzgerlad, Wolfe, and Hemingway. Basically the only gang I’ll ever need.
5. Resume reading Hemingway’s A Farewell to Arms because I started, homework was a little bitch and interrupted, and there goes an unread classic.
6. Have a very hot, very long (wait for it) bath (you sick freak) full of bath salts and scented candles as I listen to Alan Watts in the background. And then meditate.
7. Bake a double (or maybe even triple) – layered cake.
8. Start watching a TV series everyone’s been raving about. I haven’t watched Game of Thrones. I haven’t watched The Blacklist. Is Breaking Bad a boy band?
9. Finish watching Magnolia. I’m pretty sure I stopped because Tom Cruise’s character was freaking me out. But hey, it’s recorded, it’s there, and it’s paused right where I left it. I should definitely do that before it’s deleted.
10. Write a list of 10 Things I’d Rather Be Doing Than Going to Praaaam.