First Dates . . .They can be awkward and nerve wrecking. They can be fun and thrilling. They can leave you with butterflies in your stomach or even a little bit of vomit in your mouth—but hopefully not the latter. I would argue that the best dates are those where the conversations flow endlessly and before you know it hours pass like minutes. The worst dates? . . . One person talking endlessly about themselves. To have a #nailedit first date, avoid asking these 21 questions.
1. What are your spending habits?
2. How much do you pay for rent?
3. What elementary school did you go to?
4. What do your parents do for a living? What are your parents like?
5. How do you summer?
6. Do you pray? Do you believe in God?
7. Do you believe in love at first sight?
8. What are your views on sex on the first date?
9. How many (sex) partners have you had?
10. Why did you and your ex break up?
11. Why you are not married? Or why are you single?
12. Do you watch the Kardashians? Thoughts on Kimye?
13. What bra cup size are you? How big is your D***?
14. Do you prefer blondes or brunettes?
15. Have you cheated on your ex (exes)?
16. What’s your favorite sex position?
17. Who would pay for our wedding?
18. What’s the longest you’ve gone without getting laid?
19. What was your GPA in college? What did you get on your SATs/ GREs?
20. What’s your 5 or 10 year plan?
21. Do you think your friends would like me?
List goes on…
No one wants to feel like they are on a job interview and interrogated with what they bring to the table. Instead, ask questions that give you a lot of information about their interests, values, personality, without the interrogation tactics.
A few suggestions include:
What did you do last weekend?
How does your family celebrate the holidays?
Where is your next travel destination?
You’ll really be able to size up the person you are with without probing too deeply into their personal life or risking coming off judgmental.