Taking the steering wheel of your own life can be pretty terrifying and messy and uncertain, but here are some reasons why it can also be pretty awesome:
1. You’re getting smarter. Literally.
2. Your body stops surprising you.
3. You begin to understand your parents better.
4. You begin to understand yourself better.
5. You start eating things you used to hate (i.e. food that is green).
6. You learn to adapt to change.
7. You control your time (which means no curfew).
8. You control your wallet (which means too much Starbucks).
9. You learn how to be intentional in keeping up with the people you care about.
10. You meet new people too.
11. You realize the world doesn’t revolve around you.
12. You also realize how much you actually don’t know.
13. And because of this, you become more open-minded and humble.
14. You learn the difference between crushing on someone, lusting after someone, and loving someone.
15. You learn to see people for who they really are (yourself included).
16. You learn to accept people for who they really are (yourself included).
17. You have a better measure of which problems are small and which are big. In other words, a bad hair day is not the end of the world.
18. You gain social skills.
19. You discover your passions.
20. You learn to take care of others.
21. You fall 1000 times, get up 1001.