1. Never be late. In fact, try to arrive a few minutes early.
2. Mean people are always going to be in your life. Just try to remember to be the bigger person and never let them hurt you.
3. You can learn a lot from little kids. They know to eat when they’re hungry, and stop when they’re full. They tell you the honest truth. They don’t judge each other and will become friends with just about anyone.
4. Try yoga at least once in your life. It’s good for the body and mind.
5. At one point in your life chop your hair off or get bangs. It’s a liberating feeling.
6. Groups of 3’s never work. Someone is always left out.
7. Taylor Swift’s music has gotten me through more times than I can think of. I honestly would not be the person I am today without it.
8. Vegetables really aren’t all that bad. At all. In fact I think they get a pretty bad rap when they’re actually pretty dang good.
9. If you’re having a bad day (or just want a good laugh) watch some How I Met Your Mother, New Girl, or Friends. I promise you’ll feel better and probably end up wanting to move to a big city and live above a coffee shop/bar with your best friends.
10. You’re worth so much more than the number on the scale, size of pants you wear, or how much you workout.
11. Ending every night with Gilmore Girls will make you fall asleep with a smile on your face.
12. Some “friends” really aren’t meant to be in your life.
13. Embrace your natural hair color and texture.
14. Sometimes you just need a big bowl of ice cream. Or a pint of Ben & Jerry’s.
15. Never let anybody believe they are better than you. And on the other hand, never believe that you’re better than anybody else. We’re all humans. We’re all equal.
16. Starbucks is expensive but if it brings you joy, I say indulge. It’s worth it :)
17. Never, ever take your parents for granted. They do so much for us and I don’t think I truly appreciated mine until a few years ago. Always let them know how much you love them.
18. Never “diet”. Just eat healthy (most of the time—see #14). And exercise occasionally. It may take some time to get used to but you’ll never want to go back.
19. It’s okay to be sad for no reason at all every once in a while. In fact, when you’re feeling that way, get in your car, go for a drive, and blast one of these songs. Maybe cry a little (or a lot…).
20. Eat some chocolate everyday. Yes. Every. Single. Day.