1. Not everything happens for a reason, but most things do have a tendency to work out okay.
2. Rejection isn’t the end of the world. It’s merely a redirection.
3. You are more than your job title, your productivity, your achievements, the number in your bank account.
4. Just because love didn’t last doesn’t mean you can’t look back at it with affection. That doesn’t mean it didn’t matter. That doesn’t mean you have to negate all the good times. Even if it went down in flames, you can still remember the times it burned bright and alive.
5. You always have a choice.
6. Learning to accept what has already happened will be one of the best things you do for yourself.
7. You’re not done growing; you’re never done growing until your last breath on this earth.
8. It’s okay to cry.
9. Unplug every now and then; you need to recharge, too.
10. One day, you’ll forget all the people who forgot you. It’s not always going to hurt like this.
11. Life is simply a series of beginnings and endings, and both of these are opportunities to grow, to love, to learn.
12. Sometimes, the healthiest thing to do is to just let go of everything that’s holding you back. Of former relationships, of painful memories, of failures; leave it behind. None of it is serving you any longer, so why keep hanging on?
13. It’s never too late to take your health back, be that mental or physical.
14. Slow the hell down. You don’t have to participate in the rat race. Take life at your own pace.
15. Tell the people you love that you love them, especially in the moments when you feel it the most. Acknowledging love is one of the best ways to realize how much of it you truly have in your life.
16. You’re allowed forgive yourself for all the times you got it wrong. You’re allowed to be imperfect. You’re allowed to love yourself despite these shortcomings.
17. No one really knows what the hell they’re doing. Everyone is just figuring it out as they go, including you. This is normal. This is okay.
18. Stay in every now and then on a Friday for a night of self-care. Journal, watch your favorite movie, drink tea, disconnect from your phone, etc. Just focus on what you want to do outside of other people. It’s important to do this because it’s a fantastic way to get to know yourself a little better. Your relationship with yourself is important. After all, the better you know yourself, the better friend, employee, daughter, son, partner you can be.
19. Stop checking your email every five seconds. That’s not healthy.
20. You are loved. You are okay. You are more than enough. Breathe. It’s going to be alright.