1. There is always someone else out there—someplace, somewhere—who is going through the same exact thing you are, so let this bring you some comfort.
2. People understand way more than you think they do.
3. Never forget that you always have yourself to lean on, too.
4. Sometimes, our most defining moments happen in solitude—please never be afraid to embrace it.
5. The best friend you can ever have is yourself.
6. You are very loved, and you are worthy of that love.
7. There is always someone who is willing to listen if you are only willing to let yourself be heard.
8. Even though you’re feeling lonely right now, this will pass, like all feelings do.
9. As human beings, we’re all connected in our pain, in our struggle, in our need to be loved, and there’s nothing more beautiful than that shared humanity.
10. Someone has already gone through what you’re going through and survived, and this is proof that you will too.
11. It’s okay to hurt, it’s okay to cry, it’s okay to admit when you need help.
12. You are biologically wired to love and be loved.
13. People really do care about you, even if it doesn’t always feel like it.
14. We’re all truly in this together.
15. You are not, and never were, alone.
Catch Five Points, the new series from Kerry Washington’s Simpson Street and Indigenous Media, Mondays at 6pm PST/9pm EST, only on Facebook Watch. You probably already know these students – or at least you think you do.