Let’s face it, no one on earth actually wants to date a cheater but oftentimes we don’t see the signs that our beloved boyfriend or girlfriend is secretly a shady little liar who’s about to ruin your life. Forget him answering his second cell phone in the closet every night or her being less affectionate with you and drooling over your best friend when he walks in the room.
What you really need to be asking yourself is: Is your girlfriend blonde? Is your guy addicted to Twitter? Is he turning 29? Through journal studies and surveys of users on cheating websites, science seems to now know exactly what makes someone more likely to be unfaithful — and it’s not looking so good for a lot of people. We’re on to you, cheaters!
But does someone’s height, age or first name really make them any more (or less) likely to stray — or are these things strange coincidences?
Well, only those who have dated these 10 people may know the truth about their philandering tendencies. And, until you do the all dating legwork, we’re just going to give you the cold, hard facts and let you make an educated decision yourself on these people who are more likely to cheat on you.
1. People whose age end in ‘9’. Going on a date with guy who’s about to turn 29? May want to wait a year or so, says science! According to a new study published in Proceedings of the Natural Academy of Sciences, people turning an age that ends in ‘9’ are more likely to cheat on their partners.
Why? People turning 29, 39, 49, etc. tend to have major self-and make life-altering choices as they approach a new decade. In fact, of the 8 million men on extramarital affair dating website, Ashley Madison, more than 950,000 men were ages 29, 39, 49, or 59.
2. Tall guys. We’re telling you this not just because short guys make us swoon. Last week, a study from extra-marital dating site, IllicitEncounters.com, told us that dudes over 5’10” are twice as likely to cheat on their partner. Knew they were up to no good up there.
3. Rock n’ Roll fans. These are the kind of sketchballs your mama warned you about. Another survey from IllicitEncounter.com found that 41 percent of cheaters prefer rock music to all other genres. Your best bet for a loyal partner? Rap lovers.
4. Guys who work in IT. Don’t be fooled by their soft hoodies, hipster glasses and patience when it comes to restoring your iPhone (you really should start backing up!) — these guys are sneaky, cheating hubbies, according to the same AshleyMadison survey that revealed unfaithful wives are often teachers.
5. The French. What can you expect in a relationship with the best lovers in the world? Wine, cheese and an affair, says science. According to LELO, a luxury sex toy brand, who surveyed the globe about bedroom habits, 75 percent of the French admit to cheating.
6. Shopaholics. AshleyMadison also revealed that their typical, adulterous female user is a serious shopper. More than a third of the women surveyed said they spend more on their appearance since they started cheating. And, 27 percent have a secret credit card to fund their purchases. The preferred brand of the unfaithful? Banana Republic.
7. Female teachers. What professions are more likely to stray? According to a AshleyMadison.com survey of its users, the typical cheating wife is likely to be a teacher. Someone’s gotta teach these ladies a lesson — just don’t call tech support…
8. Twitter users. Shocker: social media can be harmful your romantic relationship! While this isn’t too surprising, research from the University of Missouri shows those who tweet cheat. The more often a person uses Twitter, the more often they have relationship conflicts, like affairs. #TimeToCloseTheLaptop
9. Guys named Wayne. An easy giveaway he’s sleeping with someone else? His name. A study of 2,000 women found Wayne ranked as the least trustworthy name in love. As for Lil Wayne, his real name is Dwayne, so we’re not sure where that stands on the adultery scale. Does the D negate anything? For now, try not to date Lil Wayne. We’ll update you when science gets back to us.
10. Blonde women. Do blondes have more fun? If you consider cheating a grand ole time, then you betcha. A CheaterVille.com survey found that 42 percent of cheating women have blonde hair. Better girlfriend material, guys? Only 11 percent of women with black hair are cheaters.