1. Millions of people in the world have had their hearts broken worse than this and survived. They got through it. And though you feel like you can’t, they felt that way too.
2. All those sad songs you’ve been listening to while you lie around depressed? Those were written by people who felt like you do. Bet they don’t anymore.
3. You were finding ways to be happy before this person came into your life, you’ll find ways to be happy after them.
4. Someday, someone will thank their gods above for the moment your break-up happened, because without it they never would have been yours. And you are perfect for them.
5. Your life is not a romantic comedy. It continues on with happy and unhappy moments. Hang on; this isn’t the end of your story.
6. Your life is just like a romantic comedy. Love happens again after heartbreak.
7. You have yet to meet everyone in the world, so until you do, you can’t claim there is no one else you want to be with.
8. When you’ve fallen into the pit of despair and surrounded yourself with the reminders of all the good times, be thankful for them, treasure them and then remember: There are very good reasons why you broke up.
9. Yeah, it might be a while before you feel the same way with someone else, but that’s a patience issue, not a matter of the heart.
10. Now you have that motivation you’ve needed to get into the gym, start eating healthier and get that haircut. Here’s to running into your ex six months down the road and being even more smoking hot then they remembered!
11. It’s always good to have some more “you time.” Youth is for discovering who you are, what you want, and what you don’t want. Embrace this time you have to grow, mature, and take bubble baths. Unless bubble baths are on your “don’t want” list.
12. Of course getting over heartbreak takes time, but the hurt will naturally fade. Let it. Until then, there are plenty of ways to distract yourself out there: online shopping, shameless flirting, work, basketball, nature, rebound flings, and puppies.
13. And it wouldn’t be true encouragement if I didn’t add in the standard, “It’s going to be OK.” I promise. Now, when you’re ready to pick yourself up and move on, we’re all out here, waiting to meet you.