If you are anything like me, New Year’s Resolutions fall by the way side by mid February. I just do not have the willpower to follow through with the usual resolutions like exercise more, eat less fast food, drink less alcohol. It just does not happen. We all need to feel inspired to be better and to do better and there is no time like the present. So instead, I put together a small list of one-sentence reminders to replace New Year’s Resolutions in 2018.
1. Don’t allow fear to control you. Reach for the stars.
2. Stop being negative and remove toxic people from your life who are consumed with bad energy.
3. Stop allowing others to dictate how you live your life.
4. Fall in love with yourself first.
5. Do not be guarded in love. Be open to love, open your heart and be vulnerable. Love has no limits.
6. Leave a bad relationship and don’t look back. Never allow yourself to be someone else’s option.
7. Find your passion and pursue it vigorously.
8. Quit the job you hate. If you are not being challenged you will stagnate.
9. Travel by yourself and explore the world.
10. Appreciate the important people in your life and spend more quality time with them.
11. Learn to slow down sometimes and enjoy being alone.
12. Give back to those less fortunate than yourself.
13. Stop being a perfectionist and trying to control everything. Let go and let life flow.
14. Learn to be present. Stop thinking about the past and the future but focus on right now.
15. Be unpredictable. Do something that will change your life for the better.
16. Step out of your comfort zone and stop playing it safe.
17. Be happy in this very moment. Life is too short.
18. Start over. This is the year to learn, to change and to grow.