1. You’ve stuck up for him every time someone tried to bully him at school. If you got into a fight because of it, more brotherly love to you, because that’s the one of the few reasons I’ve thrown and received punches. I fought for you, little brother.
2. Growing up, you had your brother get the opposite Pokemon game so you two could trade. You’ve never thanked him for it, until today.
3. You frequently think back to that time you’ve purposely (and accidentally) hurt your brother, and you feel like a real huge dick about it, because he’s completely forgiven you for it.
4. When jealousy reared its big, ugly head while you two were young, you’d go out of your way to make sure to belittle him. But now, you two are older and wiser and sincerely congratulate each other, because it’s true brotherly love.
5. To you, your little brother is always going to be your little brother. You feel protective of him. All you want to do is make sure he’s safe.
6. You like to brag about your brother’s accomplishments. Yeah, my little brother graduated from college in 3 years and went straight into graduate school for Political Theory. What. Up.
7. You’ve sometimes let him win in video games, because you saw how frustrated he was getting while playing Tekken 4.
8. Talking to your brother, although he may be miles away, always feels like he’s right there with you.
9. Your brother respects you enough to be straightforward with you. He always tells you how he feels, no matter how much you might not like it.
10. You’ve gone out of your way to make sure your brother had a fun time staying over with you. You stockpile some alcohol and weed and play some FIFA.
11. You’ve sympathized with your brother and made sure he was alright after a particularly difficult breakup.
12. You two know how to get under each other’s skin and intentionally get each other pissed off. Guilty as fucking charged.
13. You always gave him the bigger portion.
14. Whenever he would pronounce something wrong, or says something at the wrong moment, or doesn’t say something when he should’ve, you chastise him not because you want to belittle him, but because you want him to learn (and avoid the goddamn embarrassment) what you had to learn on your own.
15. You both share an endless amount of inside jokes (most of them are crude and dirty in nature, because youth).
16. People say you’re especially hard on your brother, but you know and he knows that it’s for the better. There’s nothing more tough than brotherhood (and the trials and lessons that come with it) and that stands up to whatever life may throw at it.