1. Life is short. We have to live like it. People can be in our lives one minute and disappear in the next, for whatever reason.
2. When you hit rock bottom, you find that God is the rock at the bottom.
3. Keep praying. Never stop praying.
4. Take care of yourself. This is not selfish; it is crucial to your wellbeing. Take a bubble bath. Get a massage. Have a glass of champagne. Go to bed early. Whatever it takes to make you feel like the princess you are.
5. Trust yourself, because people are deceptive.
6. People are deceptive. Be careful who you give your heart to and be thankful for the ones who are worth it.
7. Some people come to you out of selfishness because they need your help, not your love.
8. Don’t feel the need to fix people. You can’t. You can only love them.
9. Don’t let those that need fixing bring you down to their level. Stay your course. Keep moving forward.
10. You will make mistakes. You’re human. They happen.
11. Forgive yourself when you make these mistakes. The hardest, toughest but most worthwhile lessons come from the ugliest, most brutal mistakes you will ever make.
12. Take your parents off that pedestal and realize that we are all just humans trying to get by and do the best we can. We are all mere mortals.
13. Love your parents for who they are, but realize you do not have to be like them.
14. Don’t take your siblings for granted. They’re the only ones who have been beside you and have known you since day one.
15. Traveling restores your faith in humanity, opens your eyes, and introduces you to people who will stay with you forever, even if you only meet them once.
16. Practice gratitude. You have more right now than some people will ever have. Be thankful.
17. Hard work really does pay off.
18. Learn something from everyone.
19. All experiences, good and bad, have something to teach us. Be thankful for the good and learn from the bad. Use them as motivation and stepping stones to move onward and upward.
20. Keep the faith. Nothing lasts forever, no matter how good or bad. A new day is right around the corner. Make it count.