1. Forget Folger’s. The best part of waking up is getting off shortly after opening your eyes. Why not remind yourself how awesomely pleasurable life can be the instant you rise? Sex is, quite simply, the best way to start the day.
2. In addition to making you happy by releasing feel good hormones like oxytocin in the brain, an orgasm gives you a boost of good energy—the jolt you need to handle whatever looms ahead with a positive attitude.
3. An orgasm also reminds you that you’re a living, breathing, sexual being. You’re not just an employee or a friend or a member of some team. You’re a multi-dimensional individual with sex appeal among many other awesome qualities.
4. There’s a reason they call it “climaxing”—you’re at your peak, literally. Getting frisky in the AM makes you feel on top of the world, and then you carry that confidence with you throughout the the rest of the day.
5. Intimacy isn’t just good for you—it’s good for your relationship, too. During sex, you’re literally connected to your significant other, which leads you to feel more attached to them on a biological level. After a morning romp, you get to go your separate ways knowing that your bond has been strengthened by way of naked play.
6. Tenderness and physical contact also inevitably make people feel loved, and who doesn’t appreciate a reminder that they’re loved before breakfast?
7. Morning sex is a solid way to feel like you’ve done your part in meeting your significant other’s sexual needs, and acting in such a generous, thoughtful way is the key to attracting good vibes and to leading a smiley life.
8. Plus, that rise-and-shine O-face you trigger in your partner by mounting them first thing lets you check a critical item (“ensure s/o’s ongoing sexual satisfaction”) off your neverending To Do list before you get out of bed. That feeling of accomplishment will reverberate throughout the balance of your day.
9. It also means that you and your partner leave the house feeling sexually satisfied, and are thus less likely to fantasize about other people and/or act on said fantasies.
10. Since you’re both less likely to cheat, you’re also way more likely to stay together forever. Yay!
11. By the time you get home after a long day, you don’t have to worry about being too exhausted to do it when you can honestly say you’ve already gotten busy.
12. Plus, your partner can’t begrudge you for not being so into sex come nightfall when they know they can count on you for a morning hump sesh.
13. As it happens, sex, like most things, is generally better when you’re fresh and well rested anyway.