1. Saying good-bye to your boyfriend or girlfriend is your absolute least favorite thing to do, even if you know you’ll be seeing them again in a relatively short amount of time.
2. The second you separate, you start counting down the days, hours, and minutes until you get to see each other again.
3. Time definitely slows when you’re not together. Minutes become hours, hours become days, days become weeks. Actually. It’s painful.
4. It doesn’t matter if what you’re doing while you’re away from your lover is fun and enriching and/or professionally necessary. A tiny part of you doesn’t want to be there because the person you love can’t be there too.
5. It’s not that you don’t enjoy what you’re doing while you’re apart, or that you don’t adore the other people you’re with. You just want your significant other alongside you always.
6. Because your boyfriend or girlfriend is that life enhancing, at least in your view (which is the one that counts).
7. You want to share everything with them—to experience moments large and small together forever. Especially the unimportant, dull, day-to-day stuff because tiny things take on new meaning when they’re involved.
8. You want them to know where you are, what your surroundings look like, what you eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and what time you wake up and go to bed.
9. You feel constantly compelled to check in with each other by whatever means possible—text, email, voice notes, etc.
10. So you send your boyfriend or girlfriend ridiculously detailed updates (including photos, of course) about your whereabouts and what you’re eating and what you look like right before you fall asleep.
11. A nonsensical emoji laced text or a weird voice note from your partner puts an absurdly wide smile on your sappy face and you love that they have the power to make you so happy from a distance with the simplest measures.
12. If one of you is away for more than a day, sexting regularly is obviously necessary.
13. When the day you get to see each other again finally arrives, you’re literally brimming with anticipation from the second you wake up.
14. You spend the entire day fantasizing about what you’ll do to each other right when the person who was traveling walks through the door.
15. Maybe you even masturbate to that fantasy hours before reuniting because you just can’t help yourself. That won’t stop you from having sex as soon as humanly possibly, though. You want your partner’s naked body so badly—to love, cuddle, and sleep next to—it actually hurts.
16. Once you’re together again, it doesn’t even matter if you bicker a little because being in the same room is satisfying no matter what you’re doing or what mood you’re in.
17. What’s important above all is that you’re back in each other’s company, tackling the world arm in arm.
18. It’s not that you can’t be alone, but that you’d rather not be.
19. Maybe you can’t live without each other. But if that’s the case, isn’t it a privilege to have a bond that strong?
20. You’re glad you’ve found someone you’re so attached to, and you wouldn’t change a thing about your relationship. Who cares if people call you co-dependent (as if that’s a bad thing, necessarily)?
21. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder, but it’s annoying AF too.