Stop pursuing your dreams under the cloak of darkness, and stand strong in your light.
You often think about the things that would make your heart sing. You whisper them into the crevices of your pillow and say them to the quiet of the night. You let yourself linger in dreamland, and then perhaps you get depressed when it’s time to leave.
Your dreams are big and bold and beautiful – but you don’t do anything about them. You talk yourself out of making your dreams a reality. You think such things are for other people. You tell yourself that it’s smarter to take the path of least resistance.
I wish you’d stop doing that. Stop pursuing your dreams under the cloak of darkness – stand strong in your light.
Dreaming big? That’s great. But dreams don’t happen by wishing, they happen by doing.
Stand strong in your light, and make a plan so that your dreams can exist outside of your head.
Here are seven steps to get you started:
1. Do your research. What needs to happen to make your dream a reality? Is it new? Are you trying to improve upon something that already exists? Know your market.
2. Do your homework. Surround yourself with information that will help you carve out that path to achieving your dream – whatever that dream may be for you. Be diligent in doing the tasks required to get there.
3. Surround yourself with people who will support you – people who will encourage you to stay strong in your pursuit, and also tell you the things you don’t want to, but need to, hear. Sounding boards are essential in dream cultivation.
4. Drink more water. Things seem less cloudy when you’re properly hydrated.
5. Once a day, stop and look up at the sky. Let your feet be grounded, and cast your eyes upward. Breathe.
6. Write down five things you’re grateful for each day. Be specific.
7. Remember you are loved. Remember there is no mold for you. Remember that you have to fight for your dreams before anyone else will join you in your pursuit.