Maybe you’ve been crushed by the weight of the world, maybe you are just having a bad day. The world is constantly flying by, judging us and throwing curve balls at every turn. Though we’re all badass women who are totally strong, at one time or another, we all struggle to see the light shining inside, to truly love ourselves. So when you’re fighting even looking in the mirror, or replaying blunders inside your brain, I want you to stop, look at this list, and listen. There’s mantras, words of wisdom, song lyrics, and laughs with one thing in common: Helping you remember how to love yourself again.
1. You are more than your flaws.
2. Your path is carved towards greatness.
3. “You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” — Brene Brown
4. If people don’t accept you, they can shove it.
5. Forgive yourself for all mistakes you have made.
6. “’Cuz you’re amazing…just the way you are.” — Bruno Mars, “Just The Way You Are”
7. You may not always see the good in yourself, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t there.
8. Your feelings are always valid, no matter what they are.
9. Bad days happen, and that’s okay.
10. You are too big of a gift to the world to waste your time on self-pity and sadness.
11. “Embrace the glorious mess that you are.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
12. Your past does not define you.
13. You are unique and that’s okay.
14. You do not need the approval of others to feel happy.
15. Being weird is just a side effect of being awesome…and you ARE awesome.
16. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
17. Be happy in your own skin and circumstances.
18. It’s a new day: kick ass, walk tall, and sparkle!
19. True friends love you for who you are.
20. “What makes you different makes you beautiful.” -Backstreet Boys, What Makes You Different
21. Beautiful girl, you can do hard things.
22. Embrace who you are: the good and the bad.
23. Eh, stretch marks are just little lightning bolts reminding you that you’re a force of nature.
24. “It’s never overreacting to ask for what you want or need.” — Amy Poehler
25. Recovery isn’t a straight line.
26. Be a pineapple: stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.
27. “Say what you wanna say, and let the words fall out…honestly I wanna see you be brave.” — Sara Bareilles, “Brave”
28. One mistake does not make you a failure.
29. Look in the mirror and say: “Hello, you are a badass bitch, don’t be sad, you’re doing great, love you.”
30. The greatest endeavor in life is self-acceptance.
31. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” — Coco Chanel
32. You are a stronger person because of the hardships you have experienced.
33. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt
34. When you realize your self-worth, you’ll stop giving people discounts.
35. Remember, it’s your life, not someone else’s.
36. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” -Oscar Wilde
37. Say this to yourself every single day: “I’m fun, I’m smart, and I have a big heart.”
38. “In a society that profits from self-doubt, loving yourself is a rebellious act.” — Unknown
39. “You are beautiful, no matter what they say…words can’t bring you down.” — Christina Aguilera, “Beautiful”
40. Difficult does not equal impossible.
41. It is enough to do your best.
42. You are capable of amazing things.
43. Pure happiness comes when you are true to yourself.
44. “You were born to be real, not perfect.” -Unknown
45. You are worth so much more than your darkness.
46. Self-love is the greatest middle finger of all time.
47. You have many skills and talents to share with this world.
48. A thought is just a thought and it can always be changed.
49. “The real reason we struggle with insecurities is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.” — Steve Furtick
50. You are enough, period.