1. Wear the sunscreen. Wear it or burn like a little lobster begging for skin cancer.
2. Stand up to your friends if you think they’re doing something wrong. You’ll feel like a righteous babe when you do.
3. Chasing trends isn’t going to make you happy. If you’re not into shredded jeans in your heart of hearts, then don’t mess with them.
4. Try new things. Food, clothes, shades of lipstick. The only way to find out what you really like, is to try them.
5. Pay attention in school. Listen, I know that doing math without a calculator is somewhat of an educational joke these days — but paying attention in school is the basis for life long learning.
6. Follow through. When you sign up for something, show up. Be there, 100%. Don’t be a flake. Word gets around real fast about flakes.
7. Don’t do things just because you think it will make you look cool. Do the things that truly interest you, you’ll be a much happier person.
8. Pay attention to laundry directions. If your top says Dry Clean Only? DRY CLEAN IT. It will save you money in the long run.
9. Two words: Birth Control.
10. Being on the pill does NOT mean you shouldn’t wear a condom. Even if he says he loves you.
11. To call her if anything bad happens, even if you’re embarrassed. (This still holds true. Mothers have a uterine homing device that goes off whenever their child is in distress. Be honest about it and you will feel better.)
12. YOU WILL LIVE TO REGRET THAT BELLY BUTTON RING.
13. Woman cannot live on macaroni and cheese alone, no matter how hard we try to make it a viable nutritional option.
14. You are not obligated to be polite to people who make you feel uncomfortable, regardless of their station or stature in life.
15. Give it time. I know this feels like the end of the world as you know it, but in five years, it’s all going to be okay.
16. Don’t let a guy come between you and your best friend. Not worth it.
17. Surround yourself with people who lift you up, not people who put you down.
18. Is that really what you want to spend your allowance on? Really? (The answer is almost always no. Think through your purchases.)
19. You will never regret respecting yourself. Even if it means waiting, saying no, or walking away from something you really thought you wanted.
20. Your boobs may look really, really amazing in that picture, but sending it to your current flame means it will probably wind up on the internet someday. Aren’t in person boobs better anyway?