1. She shamelessly declares when she wants to break someone’s spirits.
I've always heard that Tom Cruise is tirelessly positive and upbeat and I'd love to work with him one day. I think I could break him.
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) June 14, 2016
Like, Tom Cruise. You know, casually.
2. She gets the general struggle of life.
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) May 23, 2016
And expresses angst in the form of sharing cartoons.
3. She freaked the f*ck out when President Obama played her song at the Correspondents’ Dinner.
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) May 2, 2016
Which is honestly the only natural reaction. People who wave off huge milestones like they’re not a big deal are just lying to themselves.
4. She isn’t afraid to #realtalk while promoting her own work.
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) April 25, 2016
Which should be reallllllly be encouraged; we need more people verbalizing how we all really feel.
5. She is a Spokesperson For Everyone Who Lives Their Lives Admidst Pop-Tart Wrappers.
Just spotted a Pop-Tart wrapper under my bed. That seems about right. #GrownWoman
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) April 13, 2016
And I genuinely appreciate that.
6. She also wears sweatpants just as much as you do.
Is it bad if your best friend sees you wearing pants without a drawstring waist and asks "What's the occasion?"
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) March 31, 2016
If not more, by the looks of her Twitter.
7. She realizes that part of the value in having a guy over is so that he can chop finicky vegetables.
Hi, I'm Anna, I'm alone tonight and I'm looking for a strapping muscular man to come over because butternut squash is hard to dice. 😗😗😗
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) March 28, 2016
The squash struggle is raw and real.
8. She’s not falling for the whole “kids’ charm” thing.
Neighbor's 4-year-old child: Can Anna be the new babysitter? She chases me and shakes me and it's SO much fun!
Me: I WILL MURDER YOU!!!!!
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) March 21, 2016
Seriously though, props to her for properly hyphenating “4-year-old.” Respect.
9. She understands that hanging out with the girls from “Sorry” is better than hanging out with small children.
I just want to go live with the girls from the "Sorry" music video.
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) March 12, 2016
10. She makes somewhat-casual JRR Tolkien references.
Bruno Mars would be the coolest hobbit in the shire
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) February 8, 2016
As one should.
11. She says what we’re all thinking: cults aside, shiny shit is fun.
I don't get what Scientology is selling but it looks fancy and I want one #Lazerzzz
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) February 8, 2016
That’s a universal thought, right?
12. She shares my fervor for onesies.
I'm getting in my car now. Hope it's cool that I'm in a onesie. https://t.co/q7kHxgC2vT
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) February 1, 2016
And is down to be seen in public with them. Again, as one should be.
13. Her human interactions with family are just as weird as yours. (No offense.)
My brother, keeping me abreast of all things football and ornithology related pic.twitter.com/FijRMvZ8l8
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) January 17, 2016
And involve the word “ornithology.”
14. She is public about the fact that she hates people.
My life would be so much easier if it wasn't for that thing…God, what is that thing called…other people.
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) January 15, 2016
And she has a point.
15. And she drops other introverted truth bombs.
If you call me on the phone I don't want to talk to you.
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) December 23, 2015
Because no one is a legitimate phone call enthusiast.
16. She wants to be invisible as much as the rest of us.
I thought my invisible woman costume would to be a hit. Instead all my friends thought I had stayed in to eat candy alone. #NotWhatHappened
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) November 1, 2015
And people assume if she’s not around she’s eating candy.
17. She is totally okay to announce to the world that life is overwhelming AF.
Life is confusing, and overwhelming, and I don't want to play anymore. Please can I go live in the Great British Bake Off tent please?
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) October 27, 2015
And is a British Bake Off fan. Bless.
Tipsy and on a plane is my best self.
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) September 22, 2015
19. She is as wine thirsty as the rest of us.
That bottle of wine that you have in case of a "special occasion" and how 7pm starts to feel real "special" when you got no other booze
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) August 29, 2015
And apparently, doesn’t have a classy liquor cabinet.
20. She is not fooled by supposedly-chic hangers.
Quick question why are H&M hangers the best?Both shirt and pant. Can I buy them? For real. I'm organizing and those velvet hangers are a LIE
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) August 28, 2015
BECAUSE CLOTHES ALWAYS STICK TO THEM, AND IT’S ANNOYING AS HELL.
21. She articulates our human-related anxieties perfectly.
When is that terrified-of-everyone-I-don't-know feeling going to go away?
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) August 25, 2015
22. She understands that we need to be pumping MORE preservatives and heavy cream into cookies, not less.
Why are we excited about Oreo Thins? I'm still waiting on triple-stuffed. So.
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) August 16, 2015
Which should really be a given.
23. She pioneered an #AimLow hashtag.
My daily objective is less about goal achievement and more about regret management. #AimLow
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) May 14, 2015
And for this, I am forever grateful.
24. She wrote a 140-character open letter to Ariana Grande that every woman under 5’3″ wanted to send.
Where do you buy clothes?
Thank you in advance,
Short girls everywhere
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) May 11, 2015
25. She has awkward, semi-dark LOLs.
"Shame. She was normally so good with those wolves" – Someone at my funeral, I hope.
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) May 2, 2015
Which is more relatable than people are willing to admit.
26. She has just as much chill at werk as you do.
"There's a new Star Wars trailer! EVERYBODY SHUT UP THERE'S A NEW STAR WARS TRAILER!" – me being professional on set today
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) April 16, 2015
Possibly less (?)
27. She wants to see the GOT D.
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) April 13, 2015
28. She’s down to say the things we think, but don’t quite know how to verbalize.
I like my men like I like my coffee. Silent.
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) January 28, 2015
And so eloquently, too.
29. She DOESN’T WANT TO TALK TO PEOPLE.
Yes of course I got your text – I'm just ignoring it. Don't make it weird.
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) January 27, 2015
In case you hadn’t quite gotten that yet.