1. Quit chasing things not meant for you. If it is meant for you, it will be yours. Stop giving energy and emotions to people and things that are not meant for you. You will be surprised how much happier you will be just by making this one simple change. You will find there are so many things in the world meant for you that you never knew existed.
2. Quit playing it safe. Taking the first step is always the hardest part. Put your fears into perspective. Know they are only fears because you allow them to have power over you. Face your demons and take a leap of faith. I know, it’s scary. Failure is a real possibility, but so is great success. You’ll never experience positive changes by doing the same thing over and over again.
3. Quit apologizing. Don’t get me wrong; you should apologize for actually hurting someone. Just refrain from apologizing for every little thing…. being late, not buying the perfect gift or not having all the answers. Instead thank someone for what they have done for you. Make it less about you and more about them. You will be surprised how much more responsive someone will be if they think you appreciate their kindness instead of focusing on your perception of other people’s judgements about you.
4. Quit making excuses. You can always find a reason not to pursue your dreams. Excuses are a dime a dozen – time, money, distance, age – the list could go on forever. By making an excuse, you are putting yourself down. You are putting yourself second to everything else. You are limiting yourself and your potential. If you want it, go after it. No excuses! Just do it!
5. Quit complaining. Complaining does not fix your problems. Period. If you choose to be negative and get frustrated it just is not going to help. You need to start today by finding things to be thankful for. You need to realize all the positive aspects of your life and take steps towards getting the life you deserve. Stand up for yourself, become a more positive person and make real change happen in your world.
6. Quit believing you can’t. For once in your life believe in what you want to become. Give it everything you have and watch the magic happen. The key is you just need to believe in yourself! Set a goal, work for it and make it happen! Positive thoughts create positive actions which bring about positive change in your world.
7. Quit overthinking EVERYTHING. Stop over analyzing things so much. Overthinking just creates a self-imposed roadblock to getting what you want. Thinking overcomplicates things. You create problems that are just aren’t really there. Your mind begins playing tricks on you. It creates unhappiness and resentment. Simply stop thinking and put all your energy into doing something positive for yourself!
8. Quit loving the wrong person. You know who I am talking about. All of us have that person in our lives that you would turn yourself inside out for if they asked. The sad part is that they do not reciprocate your feelings – either platonic or romantic. Never put someone else’s feelings before your own. You should be the most important person in your life. You deserve so much better. Move on!
9. Quit trying to be someone you aren’t. You are special. There is no one else in the world exactly like you and that makes you unique. Don’t try to be someone else. Put your energy into being the very best “YOU” you can be. That is why others enjoy being with you. If they are encouraging you to change then they are not someone you should be around.
10. Quit waiting for the right time. Let’s face it; there is no right time. Life is short and fleeting. You don’t know what tomorrow will bring. If you want something, go after it! Don’t hold back, don’t stop pursuing your goals. You have so much potential. You are an amazing person and deserve only the very best! You just need to go after it!