1) Another One Bites the Dust by Queen
I put this song on blast at least once a month. Self-explanatory.
2) I Don’t F*ck With You by Big Sean and E-40
Because I don’t. With you. Or really anyone for that matter.
3) Complicated by Avril Lavigne
Because when aren’t things complicated? I’m talking to you, Lean Cuisine packaging.
4) I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab For Cutie
To sing out loud when you have the feels for the pizza you just demolished.
5) I Don’t Feel Like Dancing by Scissor Sisters
You may not always feel like dancing, but when you do it’s pretty liberating. Nothing beats an impromptu solo dance party.
6) Tears Dry On Their Own by Amy Winehouse
Because we’ve all been there. And sometimes it’s better to just accept and move on from whatever or whoever.
7) Drunk in Love by Beyonce and Jay-Z
Because you will probably find yourself making out with a stranger at a bar regardless of how much you tell yourself that you won’t pull that shit in your time of independence and responsibility.
8) Gimme All Your Love by Alabama Shakes
For when you’re starting to feel hopelessly romantic, so you put this on blast and sing it to your cat as she walks away from you.
9) You Don’t Own Me by Lesley Gore
Because, bitch, you don’t own me.
10) Free Falling by Tom Petty
Just change the words to “free farting” and you’ve got yourself on the couch any day of the week
11) Hey Mama by Kanye West
For Mom. Because sometimes we need Mom when things suck.
12) Feeling Myself by Nicki Minaj and Beyonce
Because no one else is.
13) Heartbeats by Jose Gonzalez
Sometimes you just need something soft and wonderful, like a blanket.
14) Where Are Ü Now by Jack Ü and Justin Bieber
Shout out to the men (and women) of Grubhub and Postmates delivery.
15) Don’t Swallow the Cap by The National
Because the words “I’m not alone, I’ll never be” just speak to you. Because even though you feel so alone, there is always a friend, a mentor, a new love, or a 3 hour Youtube search of “baby animals” to lift you out of it.
16) Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding
The most liberating part about being #ForeverAlone is that you never know what is around the corner. You are living in the most exciting and mysterious part of your life. Whether your sad or mad or pretty damn happy about how things are going – there is always more to look forward to.