1. Stop letting doubt rule her decision-making.
You know what you’re doing. Stop thinking you don’t. No, you won’t always have the answers or be perfect all the time, but that doesn’t mean you’re incapable of making a smart choice. Let go of doubt, fear, and self-pity. Listen to your gut.
2. Stop surrounding herself with negative, narcissistic people.
People who choose to only focus on what they don’t have, what isn’t right, or what’s missing are in a continual state of emptiness. Don’t let yourself be sucked into that. Instead of surrounding yourself with people who are selfishly-focused or wrapped in negativity, rise above.
3. Stop measuring her success or worthiness in comparison everyone around her.
Your worth is not based upon anyone but yourself. Just because someone may be living a different life than you, or be ‘further along’ on their path doesn’t mean you are falling behind. Your journey isn’t going to look like anyone else’s, and that’s okay. Stop comparing.
4. Stop feeding self-hate by relying on everyone else’s view to shape her own.
Someone may appear to have your best interests in mind, but they don’t know you. Even the people who are closest to you or love you don’t always understand the beating of your heart. Stop letting yourself be led by everyone else’s perspectives and ideas. Choose your own path and follow it boldly.
5. Stop waiting for the right person, right career, right opportunity to fall in her lap.
Life won’t hand you everything you desire. You have to work for the things you want. You have to push yourself. You have to keep believing, even when everyone around you doubts. Don’t wait for the ‘perfect’ thing to come to you—go after it. And busy yourself with your passions so much, that you aren’t worrying about love in the first place.
6. Stop thinking she is less empowered and strong than she actually is.
You are so incredibly strong. Don’t forget that. When life gets tough, when you feel defeated, when everything falls apart hold tight to that confident mindset—you have overcome so much and you still have room to build and grow.